Chapter Five: Shadowhunters and Coffee Service

So um...its been like four months….haha….oops...Sorry everyone! School started and then play yeah…..I promise there will be malec fluff in this one! And I’ll try and keep the Jace angst to a minimum. No promises though.

Magnus

     Alec answered the phone, brushing a strand of black hair out of his face. “Hello?”

    He jumped and held the phone away from his face. Magnus raised an eyebrow, this would be interesting. “What? What are you talking about Iz?”

     The famous Izzy. “Its not my fault! stop yelling at me!” Alec’s face was heating up and he looked slightly panicked.

      “Because! Its not fair! She barely knows him! I’ve known him 10 years!” Alec shouted into the phone.

   Oh. OH! Magnus’s eyes widened with the sudden realization. There was somebody else. Somebody who it could never happen with. Thats why he had been so distracted during dinner. So there was someone one else, he could deal with that. Besides, it wasn’t like they were even on a date! Still he couldn’t shake the feeling that he dearly would like to punch that someone else in the face. Suddenly he heard something slam and jolted out of thought. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

    Alec groaned and dropped his head into his hands. Sympathetically, Magnus leaned over and put a hand on the younger man’s shoulder. “I have to go,” Alec said, standing up suddenly.

   “Okay, let me drive you home.” He said, standing up also, startled.

    Alec shook his head, and Magnus noticed his nose was getting red and there were tears in his eyes. “No. I can find my way home.” and with that he hurried out of the restaurant.

Alec

  Alec slammed his phone down on the table and dropped his head into his hands. Arrrghh. Why was this happening! Out of all the- Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and his heart started beating faster. Ohmygod oh my god hes touching me why is he touching oh my god. Why was he freaking out so much? “I have to go.” He said, standing up and ignoring Magnus’s protests.

     Once outside he began walking to the nearest subway station. His arm was still tingling from where Magnus had touched it. Argh why are you smiling! He thought, trying to stop. Suddenly his phone buzzed and he looked down.

  ~Finding your way home alright?~

Then another one.

~Tonight was great. We should do it again sometime~

    Alec smiled fully now. He want’s to do it again! He laughed and stepped onto the subway.

* * *

    Why was he so happy? He thought the moment he woke up. Then he remembered and grabbed his phone from beside his bed. There were 3 missed calls from Izzy, 4 from Clary and one text from Jace. He sighed in disappointment and rolled out of bed to go get ready for the day.

     Around 9 o’clock while he was making breakfast his phone buzzed again and he grabbed it immediately. It was from Magnus.

     ~Good morning again! Did you make it home okay last night, or did the vicious subway people get you xD~