Chapter 15: Cats and Kittens

Previously on When Alec Met Magnus: "Alec smiled at the reassurance, and led him into the living room. "Guys, this is my boyfriend....Magnus.""

"Hi." Magnus said, smiling.

Four faces stared back at him. "Oh my god." The redhead sitting off the right was staring in disbelief.

"Wait...when you say Magnus...you mean like...the Magnus?" The other girl said.

Magnus looked at her, and guessed she could only be Alec's sister, Izzy. She had the same dark hair as her brother, and was impeccably dressed, unlike her brother.

"Izzy, don't get all...well....Izzy on him." Alec warned, sending her look.

"How am not supposed to go all Izzy on him?!" Izzy exclaimed, her excitement level building. "Alec, you literally just walked in here and announced you were dating one of the most famous people in New York. Oh my god this is amazing!" She squealed.

Just then, the blond one spoke up. "I'm confused, who exactly are you?" He said, giving Magnus a skeptical look.

Both the redhead and Izzy rolled their eyes. "Jace, he's Magnus Bane. You know, the fashion designer."

Jace shrugged. "Never heard of him. Sorry." He said, looking very unapologetic.

"Offense not taken." Magnus said, smiling. "You must be....the famous Jace Wayland."

Jace looked surprised he knew his name. "Yeah, I'm Alec's brother. How'd you know?"

"I've heard...a lot about you." Magnus answered, cryptically.

To be honest, he had heard a little too much about Jace. Even though Alec had never come right out and said it, from the way he talked about his adoptive brother, Magnus could gather there were some...more than brotherly feelings here. "Does he talk about me?" Izzy asked.

"All the time." He laughed. "And....you must be...Clary?" He asked, looking towards the redhead.

She blushed and looked slightly surprised he knew her name. "Yeah!"

Magnus turned to look at the last person in the room. He was an awkward looking guy in a star wars t-shirt, with glasses and extremely pale skin. "I'm sorry Alec never mentioned you."

Jace snorted, and Izzy glared at him. "Thats Simon, Clary's friend."

"Nice to meet you Sam." Magnus said, waving from his spot by the door.

"I still can't believe you're dating Magnus Bane!" Izzy squealed, unable to contain her excitement.

"Okay, Iz. Why don't you open your last present." Alec said, taking the box out of Magnus's hands.

"Sorry about her." He whispered as he did so. "She's a big fashion person." He smiled apologetically.

Magnus rolled his eyes. "Darling, I think she's wonderful."

"Yay! I have another present!" She said, fixating on the box.

Alec brought the medium sized box over to her and sat down on the floor. "This is both from me and Magnus."

"Is it clothes?" She asked.

"Just open it!"

Izzy tore off the wrapping and opened the box, then gasp. "Alec, it's beautiful!" She held up the gown up out of the box.

It was an ice blue dress, with a deeply cut v-line neck. The bodice went up in the shape of an A, and from the hemline flowed a skirt of chiffon with the same ice blue color. "Thank you thank you thank you!!" She shouted, suddenly grabbing Alec and pulling him into a tight hug.

"You're welcome." He coughed, blushing slightly. "Magnus actually picked it out for you out of his new line."

"You designed this?!" She asked, letting go of her brother.

Magnus smiled and nodded. "It was part of our winter line."

"Oh my goood! I can't believe I have an actual Magnus Bane design! I can't believe my brother has actual Magnus Bane!"

The rest of the day was spent with Izzy, Magnus and Clary talking fashion on one side of the room, and Jace, Simon and Alec sitting on the other side, left out. They didn't mind though, none of them had any interest in discussing A-lined skirts, and using half lip stitches or whatever.

Alec POV

The snow on the streets that had come on Christmas Eve had melted into gross gray sludge. Alec trudged through the puddles, splashing his legs and soaking his boots as he pulled open the door to Magnus's apartment building. They had decided the safest way for him to enter was through the service entrance. Hardly anyone ever used it, and all the residence had a key, so Magnus just lent Alec his. The only problem was that Magnus lived in the penthouse, which was at the very top. This meant Alec had to run up countless flights of stairs just to reach his apartment. When he finally reached Magnus's front door, he stopped. Magnus's voice was coming from the other side, but different than normal. Though Alec couldn't make out the words he was saying, it sounded all high, like he was talking to a baby. Alec knocked, and in a few seconds he was greeted by Magnus flinging the door open and pulling him into a hug. "H-hey you." He breathed, slightly taken by surprise.

"Alexander!" Magnus exclaimed, letting him go. "You'll never guess what I found this morning!"
"Uhh.....some shoes from some rare Paris collection?" Alec guessed, half heartedly.

Magnus scoffed. "Of course not, besides, everyone knows the Italians have the best shoes now."

"Of course." Alec muttered, amused.

"No! Come here! I have to show you this." Magnus grabbed his boyfriend's hand and led him into his bedroom.

On his bed was a cardboard box that looked like the house of a tiny homeless person. It was beaten up and covered in wet marks. "Look inside." Magnus nudged him.

Suspiciously, Alec walked forward and peered into the box. Inside the box was a small pile of four mewling baby kittens. "Magnus did you steal these?" Alec said suddenly.

"What?" Magnus looked slightly offended. "No!! I found them behind the building! Someone must have abandoned the poor babies." He cooed, looking into the box.

"You know you can't keep all of them." Alec said, looking back at the little kittens, rolling about.

"Why noooot." Magnus whined.

"Because! You can't have four cats in this apartment. You're hardly ever home, you just wouldn't be able to take care of all of them!" Alec pointed out.

Magnus pouted. "But they're so cute! I love them all!"

"We can find them good homes. They'll be happy."

"Can I keep one?" Magnus asked, giving Alec puppy dog eyes.

Alec sighed. He could never resist it when Magnus looked at him like that. "Fine. You can choose one."

Magnus beamed and then went back to the box to make his selection. "How can I chose? They're all so cute!"

After a few minutes of Magnus's debating, complaining, and whining, he had selected a kitten. He was the smallest cat of them all, and was a fluffy, brownish gray creature. Magnus lifted him gently out of the box and held him close to his chest. The little cat purred like a freight train, and his little eyes began to close as Magnus stroked his back. Alec smiled and walked over to him, giving the kitten a little scratch. "What are you going to name him?" He asked, tickling the kitten under the chin.

Magnus thought for a moment, then responded. "I shall call him Chairman Meow."

Yay!! Chairman has entered our story :D Hope you enjoyed it! Please comment and let me know what you thought <3