Chapter Six: Kisses and Carrie

Start from the beginning

“Ooooh! Magnus has a boyfriend!?” Meri gasped.

“I do not!” He protested.

“Yes you do! You disappeared on friday night, and ever since then you’ve been smiling and texting like a love struck teenager. So I want to know, who is it?”

“I have not been doing any of those things! And I do not have a boyfriend!”

“Awwww come on Magnus! Who is it!! Lynus?” Camille teased.

“What?! No! Hes like….12!”

She shrugged. “Age never stopped you before.”
“Camille!! I am not a pedophile!” He shouted, throwing a piece of chicken at her.

“Uhh…..” A voice came from the doorway and they all whiped around, and burst into giggles.

A very awkward looking Lynus stood in the doorway, looking nervously from Camille to Magnus. “Um….Mr. Bane…..Kathy says the bridesmaid dresses are ready to be looked at…..”

“Right.” He said, standing up and trying to regain composure. “Thank you Lynus.”

Camille giggled and flashed him a smile as he walked past. Honestly, why was he even friends with these people?

Alec

      Monday morning Alec woke up at 6 am sharp and checked his phone. No missed calls. He sighed and layed back in bed. Why hadn’t he called?Also...why did he care so much? All Sunday all he had been able to think about was Magnus. He rolled over and rested his chin on his pillow, scrolling through tumblr. Around 7, his phone rang and he immediately sat up. “Hello?”

“ALEXANDER GIDEON LIGHTWOOD YOU HAVE A PHONE FOR A REASON!”

“Oh. Its you.”

“YES ITS ME! WHO ELSE DID YOU THINK IT WAS YOU UTTER DORKWEASEL!!”

“Calm down Iz. I meant to call you back, I just….forgot…..”

“YOU FORGOT!? YOU FORGOT!!? ARGHH!”

“I said sorry!

“You are the most infuriating brother ever!”

“Right. Thats me. Izzy I need your help.”

“Not until you talk to Jace or Clary.”

“What? Oh that. I don’t care. I’m not mad anymore. Now I need your help!”

“Wait what? You’re not…..mad?”
“Hes straight. I mean, its not like I don’t have feelings for him….I just….I know theres no chance and i don’t want to sit around forever wishing for something that will never happen. Now clothes….so what would you wear to someones house on halloween. Besides a costume that is.”

“You….well……” She stuttered for a moment, then decided to ignore this sudden change of heart for the moment. . “Alec do you own anything that doesn’t have holes in it?”

“What? Of course I do! I have the….I have….well….”

“I thought so. This might take a while.”

***

Magnus rolled out of bed around 10 am and stumbled into the shower, glad he didn’t have to go to work today. After his shower Magnus wrapped himself in a robe and dug his phone out of his bag.

~Morning! Sleep well? Sorry I’m texting so late. Busy day. Is 8:30 good 4 2night?