CHAPTER 26 (Edited)

This chapter is dedicated to liasteashop. Thanks for supporting my story. It means a lot to me.

 It means a lot to me

Alia's POV

I was sleeping on my warm and cozy bed when an irritating sound from my phone waked me. I picked the call without looking at the caller id.

"Hello," I said in a groggy tone.

"Still asleep," Came an annoying voice from the other hand.

"Yes, do you have any problem? And you should also sleep rather than disturbing my sleep," I muttered in my half-sleep state.

"I am hurt that you didn't recognize my voice, baby girl," Listening to the word "baby girl" sleep flew from my eyes and in my panic state I fell from the bed.

"Ouch," I mumbled while rubbing my arms which got hurt in the process.

My trance broke by the sound of laughing from the phone.

"Stop laughing, Ayaan" I snapped at him.

Yes. That person was Ayaan. And I made fun of myself in front of him again. Oh God, why I am so clumsy.

"I can't help it. I can't believe this that someone can be this clumsy," He said in between his laughing session.

"This isn't funny. You startled me," I accused him.

"Anyway, I called you to remind you about your classes. Get ready fast you are already late," He informed me.

"Yes sir," I mocked me.

"Just come here today. I will personally tell you how to call me "Sir" in a different way," He promised me before cutting the call.

I looked towards the phone and thought,

what did he mean by this?

Leave it, Alia, you are already late. With that, I sprinted towards the bathroom to get ready for my class.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I reached the venue where the "Bhoomi Pujan" is being held to saw nothing had been done till now. Pandit Ji (Priest) was sitting near the Havan Kund (a center place in Havan where the fire is put and all the offerings are given) and giving instructions to someone.

The person's back was facing me so I couldn't point out who was that person but he looked familiar. I walked closer to the place and heard Pandit Ji saying,

"Yajman, aap jra havan ki samagri la dijiye (Son, please go and bring the contents for the Havan),"

"Excuse me," the person said in a confused voice.

And I realized it was Ayaan who was talking with Pandit Ji. But it's not my fault, I didn't recognize him in Indian attire. The person whom I have always seen in suits and sometimes Tee and pants was wearing kurta pajama, I would get confused.