CHAPTER 5 (Edited)

Aliaa's POV

Aliaa's POV

I was busy in my thoughts, looking outside from the window when my train of thoughts was broken by the sound of music. He is here. I quickly started looking outside for one glimpse of him.

It might come off as desperate to some, but imagine not seeing the love of your life for two whole weeks, that too just before your wedding with him, the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with. It's a tradition in our family that the bride and groom can't meet each other before marriage as it was a bad omen. I knew it was a ridiculous superstition but try telling that to my dear old mother.

"Aloo, barat has come. Jiju is here," Rhea stated, running into my room, calling me by my nickname. I blushed thinking about Raj. Finally, my prince charming has come for his princess.

Rhea and I were trying to get a teeny-tiny glimpse of him but couldn't see him in the crowd. Did he ditch me or something? I was again thinking the worst. Sometimes I really hate myself when I start thinking negatively.

Rhea shouted in my ears, "Jiju! He is there, look! OMG, he is looking so handsome." Rhea sighed and slumped as if melting. I quickly started looking where she was pointing. And what a sight I witnessed! God Ji, can someone fall in love all over again with the same person just by looking at him?

He was looking so handsome in his cream and red sherwani. It had golden embroidery work on it. And he was carrying a red colour dupatta with golden embroidery work on them. He was also wearing a golden colour Pagri (turban) which was adorned with a brooch called a kalgi. And his loafers, which are called Mojari, were also golden.

I was busy in my thoughts while looking at him when he looked up and locked eyes with me. He winked at me before going inside. OMG, he saw me checking him out. I was busy blushing thinking about him when Mom entered the room.

"My baby is looking like the most beautiful bride," Mom cooed and cupped my face, kissing my forehead. I blushed from the comment.

"Thank you," I replied to my Mom, still blushing while looking down.

"My baby has grown so big that she is getting married now, isn't that so, Arvind?" Mom said to Dad who was standing behind her, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, my princess is now all grown up and now she will leave me in a few hours." Dad was getting emotional.

"Mom, Dad, I am still your baby and princess and will always be, married or not," I replied to them while tears started flowing from my eyes shamelessly. What can I do? I always start crying whenever there is an emotional moment even though it doesn't include me. But now this moment includes me and now I am starting to feel that I shouldn't get married to Raj because I had to leave my family. It seems like now is the time I have realized the consequences of my marriage to Raj.

I guess it happens with every bride. Before marriage she feels like cancelling the marriage and always staying with her family. But we still have to, because that is life.