Narancia Ghirga • Cupid

Requested by mikac0ree <3

Cute orange baby boy fluff uwu

Of course, it had begun to rain heavily today. The very day you deemed right to ask Narancia something very important. The looming dark clouds outside scarily seemed to resemble the doubts in your head. Stupid pathetic fallacy.

Strawberry cake. You preferred chocolate.

You stared at the piece on your plate, poking at it aimlessly. You weren't even hungry, but it was a distraction and a distraction was good right now. Looking to your left Abbacchio had his head in a book and beside him, Narancia sat completing math problems. A sigh left your lips.

"Hey, Nara," You swallowed. "do you have a date for Valentine's Day?"

From the corner of your eye, you noticed Abbacchio glance up at you from his novel. In a striking thought, you realised how unnaturally loud you had spoken. The young man kept his blank stare on his maths textbook but hummed and tapped his head with the end of the pencil. His lips parted and his eyes narrowed and then he brightened as an epiphany had struck him.

"Yep!" He chirped. "February fourteenth."

"I-never mind..." You mentally cursed, staring at your plate.

"You're an idiot," Abbacchio sighed, not bothered enough to look up. "she meant if you have a person to spend Valentine's Day with."

Narancia blinked, dropping his pencil on the table and it rolled immediately off the edge. Clumsy, flustered attempted grabs and the pencil jumped about in his hands until it settled into his palm. He forced a sheepish grin as if to say I meant to do that.

"Oh-oh! As in like, hanging out? As a friend? Or—"

"This is painful," Abbacchio muttered, as he picked up his book and headed towards the back door to read in peace.

You blinked, eyes wide. "Uh,"

The back door closed. Narancia stared at you.

"As in a date kind of thing." You struggled. "You and I—if you want too."

He stared for a few more seconds before he broke out into the biggest grin. He lunged into the seat beside you, leaning forward on his elbows.

"So," He encouraged in a joyful tone. "what do people do on Valentines?"

You pulled a face. "Like...Go to dinner and stuff?"

A few beats passed

"Nope."

"Boring."

You leaned back, looking at the ceiling like it was going to somehow give you some ideas. "Hm."

Narancia tapped his chin, helping himself to a piece of your cake. Halfway through chewing, his eyes widened and he swallowed as quickly as he could, trying not to choke.

"You love pizza and I love video games," He started slowly like it was a mathematical equation. "we add them together and what does that equal?"

You stared. "You've been around Fugo way too much."

He snapped his fingers with a huge smile. "Oh yeah, that's right. The perfect date for us!"

You chuckled lightly, nodding. He ate another piece.