Part 15 - "Utopia"

The window is open and they hear birds chirp in the distance. Hiro and Zero Two sititng in the centre of the room holding hands as they look out to the window.

"I was so scared" says Zero Two
"I thought we'd lost you" her grip grows tighter

Hiro let's out a slight sigh.
"You know I would never leave you"

Zero Two stares down at the carpet.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

Hiro bites his lip.

"If I had told you, they'd kill you. They had a tracker and voice recorder on me at all times and said if I ever told anyone about what was happening, they'd kill all of you."

Zero Two's eyes widen, her face filled with defeat.

"If I could've just been there to-"
Hiro cuts her off. And puts his finger over her lips. He smiles.

"It's over now Zero Two, you don't need to worry anymore, we have everything we need here."

He's right, they've started their new life and though they had trouble with the crops and plants, things seem to be working out fine ever since Ai was born.
Zero Two can't help but stare at his horns. It's been 2 days since he awoke, and his horns are already so long.

"Da-darling?" She asks

"Do you mind if I uhh..." there's some embarrassment in her tone.

Hiro realises what she's alluding to.

"Oh! You want to file my horns?" He laughs.

Zero Two nods, her face red from embarrassment. She never thought she would ever ask such a question of her Darling. It's odd though, even though it's been 2 days since he's transformed, his horns shouldn't be that long.
The main reason Zero Two's horns grew was because she was anxious, so why is his still growing?

Zero Two grabs the file she uses and washes it under hot water. She begins filing Hiro's horns.

"Wooo" Hiro says
"This feels strange!"

Zero Two laughs. She never thought she would smile ever again. There are still many questions she has to ask him but she doesn't know where to begin, like what happened back in the forest with Dr Franxx.

"Darling, we need to talk about what happened at-"

She's cut off. There's a knock at the door, it's Mitsuru along with Ai.

"May we come in?" Says Mitsuru.
They both nod. It's Hiro's first time seeing Ai. Mitsuru places Ai in Hiro's arms.

"That's uncle Hiro" Mitsuru says in a baby like voice. Mitsuru has taken the role of papa quite nicely.

"She has your eyes" says Hiro
"I'm sure you'll be a great papa"

Mitsuru smiles.
"Thanks Hiro"

Ai begins to cry. Mitsuru takes Ai from Hiro's arms.

"She's a little tired, time for a nap" He says

"I think she's beautiful" says Zero Two

Mitsuru smiles to Zero Two and than walks out.

"She's going to grow up to be an amazing girl" says Zero Two.

Hiro nods. Hiro is daydreaming, staring at the floor as if looking into the abyss. Zero Two nudges him.

"Shall we get back to it?" She says as she grabs her filer.

"We shall" he nods

The skin like flakes fall from his head, he stares as he watches them fall down on the carpet.

"Do you know when you're getting your headband?" Asks Zero Two

(The headband stops the horns from growing at fast rates)

"Should be tomorrow, Nana and Hachi said that they want it to be perfect"

Zero Two stops filing.

"Done!" She says

She grabs the mirror and Hiro stares directly into it. He touches his face.

"I don't even recognise myself anymore" he mumbles

"What?" Ask's Zero Two.

"Nothing!" Hiro says
"Let's go have some dinner" he smiles.

They hold hands and walk towards the kitchen, smiles on both their faces.
But There are still secrets hidden in the darkness...and Hiro is hiding in it...

—————————

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so inactive! I'll try to post more often to make up for the time I was gone! Thank you for reading! I hope you will continue to enjoy my book.