❊四十五❊

"Man a couple of weeks and Captain Obi keeps on calling the house," Akira groaned as he glared at the landline while I simply just shrugged while letting it ring but Akira couldn't help it. 

"WHAT! WHAT!" Akira yelled causing me to turn his direction with a quirked eyebrow, "Wait, you wanted to talk to me?"

This got me more curious about the conversation.

"Oh, you want me to connect you with Vulcan?"  he asked, "Haha, not happening! He barely took me in as an apprentice and Inori had to go there and reason with him...throughout my apprenticeship, he hates Hajima and the Special Fire Force. Good luck though!"

Was Obi really trying to recruit Vulcan?

"She's busy," Akira said as he hung up the phone causing me to look towards him in shock. Funny how weeks ago, we were good but that incident at Asakusa kind of put us at a bit of a rocky relationship with company 8.

Soon the phone rang again causing Akira to glare down at the phone and pick it up once again and yell at the person at the other line. I turned my attention towards Ichijiro who was working diligently at the paperwork in front of him while reading reports.

"Now why should we help you?" Akira asked a bit seriously causing me to turn towards him to see his stare turned from one of being angry to one being devoided and cold, "How did the seven even get this number?

I got up from the couch and walked towards Akira and signal him to keep the phone leveled so we both can hear what was happening.

"Can you put Inori on the phone? Your tone disgusts me."

"Benimaru?"

"I am not obligated to follow through with that request and she's busy-"

But this opportunity came at a sweet time as I looked at Akira and smirked as he quirked his eyebrow at my expression. It wasn't until I raised my eyebrows and smirk that he got the message and smirked back. I soon glanced towards Ichijiro to see he was still focusing on work. 

"Put her on the phone."Benimaru threatened.

"I said she-"

"Ahhhhhh~," I moaned out, "Akira, i-it's huge~!"

"What the hell!" I heard Benimaru questioned on the other line

"~HNah!" Akira growled, "It's so moist! Couldn't you wait until I got off the phone?"

"I want it now! Get off the phone and give it to me!"

"Uh..I-BYE!" Akira yelled as he hung up the phone. A couple of seconds passed as we looked at the phone and then laughed hysterically on the phone. It was a classic prank we played on telemarketers when they try to sell some terrible product-clean for Ichijiro's ears and hysterical for our dirty minds. 

We both knew us ever getting to that level of a relationship could never happen. We acted more like brother and sister than anything.

"Phew, that was good!" He commented while holding his stomach from laughing to hard as I wiped a tear from my eye. That was indeed rich.

But short-lived when the phone rang once again. Only this time I picked up the phone and placed it to my ear.

"Hello."

Benimaru again?

I smirked and took a deep breath away from the phone and then placed it back to my ear and said in the most bubbly tone ever:

"ahho, shuga dayo.Gomen ne, ima rusu na no. Pikkoro oto no ato ni messeji tte iu no iretoite. Ato de renraku shiteoku mon. Jya onegaida yo

With that, I hung up the phone, and soon Akira and I were laughing hysterically again. Ripples of laughter became great waves of hilarity in our home as Ichijiro still remained focus on the work. For a 6-year-old, he was the most mature in the house compared to Akira and me.

Again the phone rang causing me to suck my teeth  and to pick up the phone again:

"We can do this all-day, Inori," Benimaru said.

I sighed and held the phone to my ear as I glared at the walls of the kitchen while Akira continued to crack up.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Company 5, Company 1, Company 8,  and our Company have been here comparing notes on the Evangelist so that we can all work together from this point forward," Benimaru said.

"Then why are you calling me?" I asked annoyed.

"Because we need your assistance at the seventh," Benimaru said.

"Assistance with what?" I asked.

"I have already said too much on the phone, we need you to come to Asakusa so we can discuss more about it."

"This is a private line," I stated, "If you cannot let me know about the mission at hand, I'm afraid we cannot help you."

"Then would it be best I come to you?" Benimaru questioned.

"The day you step foot outside of Asakusa would be the day pigs fly," I retorted, "Besides, you're not welcome here...it was the whole reason why we left Asakusa in the first place."

"Either you come to Asakusa or I'll ask Obi, Akitaru for your address," Benimaru stated.

"One cup of sake to commemorate a newfound friendship and you think he would give you my address?" I questioned and retorted, "Sounds pretty desperate to hear from the Destroyer of Asakusa."

"I expect to see you at Company Seven's guardhouse later today," Benimaru said as he hung up the phone. I looked down at the phone in my hand and glared at the device. This asshole. 

"So?" Akira asked, "making a trip to Asakusa huh?"

"Sadly, but I think it's best if yall sit this one out and focus on gathering more information on the White-Clad," I said, "I don't even know why this guy is so set on me going to Asakusa."

"I mean the woman he fell in love with has 'risen from the dead,' he probably still acting on his feelings for you," Akira said shrugging.

"He has a set of twins and a wife, he shouldn't be focused on trying to rekindle any flame between us...he knew any hope of us ever being together burned the moment he used the idea of a relationship to prevent me from fighting in the battle that day also...he is a married man, he has other priorities now."

I walked out of the kitchen and towards the door and grabbed a black kimono top along with my blades and walked out of the house...quickly rushing over to the seventh district so I could finish his stupid request.