二十八❃

Year 196

Benimaru POV

Konro wasn't fazed by his fury. "If we had the resources of an official Company, we probably could have prevented a lot of damage and saved a lot of lives," he reasoned. "If the Empire wants to exploit us, fine. We can just exploit them right back.

Benimaru couldn't take any more that was happening. He needed to focus his efforts now on Inori. He knew that she was going to be furious with him over what he did but she needed to know that he did what he did to protect her. He didn't want to risk losing her, especially with so many Infernals turning.

"Inori!" he called out as he ran in the direction of the river where he carried her.

But when he got there and scanned the citizens of Asakusa, she wasn't among them.

"Where is she?" he yelled as he looked all over for Inori. He knew that he left her with the mass of people by the river before Konro and himself ran to take care of the Infernals and yet when he went over to get her-she was not there.

"Did you see Inori?" he asked a random woman as he pointed at her. The woman shook her head and declined. He pointed at another civilian and gave the same response. His mind was running wild.

"INORI!" he yelled out in worried.

Such fear in his voice made the citizens of Asakusa worried. Benimaru was scared that something happened to her which was impossible considering that he left her in a safe place.

"KONRO! I can't find Inori anywhere!" he panicked as he ran away from the River and towards her home only to see it was in ruins.

The Panic only increased. He ran towards Konro where he stood and looked at him with heart-stricken eyes.

"I can't find her!" Benimaru panicked, "I know I left her by the river before we went to fight the Infernals.

"It is possible that one of them could have gotten to her," Konro mumbled as he turned his head to the side refusing to look at Benimaru's widen eyed expression

"W-What did you just say?" his voice came out in a mere whisper as his eyes were set straight on Konro, "What did you just say regarding Inori?"

Konro bit his lip and sighed.

"When I knocked you out, one of the demon Infernals ran towards the river. Once I got to the Infernal, it had Inori in it's grasped, the kid and the boy were already incinerated. She followed with them..."

"You better not be lying to me!" he screamed, "S-she...can't be gone..." his eyes widen as he looked up at Konro, "No...no...NO!!" he screamed, "She can't be gone!! K-Konro...please tell me she is safe?" he shook Konro's arms

"Benimaru...I'm sorry..." Konro mumbled.

He shook his head as his emotions were too powerful and gut-wrenching. He felt sick to his stomach even thinking about Inori's beautiful eyes and laugh. The visions he had, began to swim right in front of his as tears welled up deep inside and shimmered down his cheek.

------

"They are called breasts, that's what master said so quit your complaining," Benimaru dragged.