Now, it was Winnie's turn to widen her eyes as she took in Barry's words and his sad, sad smile.

Eventually, she let her frown turn into a wide grin as she grabbed the back of his neck and brought his lips to hers, kissing him with as much strength as she could muster.

Barry, who was at first stunned, sank into the action as he tried to push all of his feelings, every single messy one into the kiss.

He felt happiness; sadness; regret; and worst of all, the pain that he felt, knowing that this would be all they would get together. That this... this would be the last time he would ever see her. Touch her. Feel her.

He memorized everything he was feeling, every shift in position they made. When they finally separated, they both took in a deep breath, searching each other's faces and absorbing every detail they could find.

"I never imagined this would be the way I'd die." Winnie finally said, breaking the silence.

"W-what? What do you mean? You imagined how you would die?" Barry asked, confused as he ran his fingers through her soft hair.

"I did. Of course, I did. But-but, the one I settled on was very different." She said as she cupped her hand over his cheek once again and wiped away some of his tears with her thumb.

He lifted up his hand to cover hers and asked, "How so?"

"Well, I imagined it being a lot more... lonely." She said softly, gently smiling up at him, "This is actually a lot better than what I had come up with."

"C-can't you heal yourself." Barry asked, feeling helpless as Winnie's hands became shaky. He could feel her grip loosening as time began to pass.

Sadly, she shook her head, "I had a nasty paper cut once... I tried to heal it but... nothing. I suppose that's one of the limits of my powers."

Barry didn't say a word, leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss on her lips once more.

"Barry? Can... can you make me some promises?" She asked him as he rubbed the back of her hand.

"Of course." He whispered as he tried to keep the rest of his tears in.

"First off, I-I want you to tell everyone that I love them. Iris, dad, Oliver, Danny, Cisco, Caitlin, Frank... even Dr. Wells. They all mean the world to me and I need you to tell them that." Barry nodded his head in response as she continued.

"You also need to take good care of Frank. Make sure he's walked and fed and everything else." She said, her voice growing strained. 

"You need to promise. Promise me that you won't go running in after Mardon, not without a plan. Promise that you won't let my dad do the same either. Someone will get hurt if either of you try and it's not something I want either of you to do."

"Okay." Barry said, the tears coming faster as Winnie's eyes started to droop a little.

"T-the last and final one is the most important, Bare... I need you to promise that you will be happy. That no matter what happens to me, you'll try to be happy."

Barry blinked in surprise, he doubted he could ever really be happy without Winnie in his life. Heck, he couldn't even imagine a world without her. Yet, he needed to start preparing soon, for that would be their fate.

"I-I don't know, Winn. I c-can try but, I-I don't know if I could." Barry stuttered.

"If trying is the best you can do, then that's all I ask, Bare. All I've ever wanted was for you to be happy..." She said trailing off as her hand became limp in his, her eyes closing.