Once in our cabin, we changed into less casual clothes, grabbed the wine and desserts we bought, and went to Amelia's house.

There was hardly anything better than a good homemade dinner. Both of Antoine's parents were excellent cooks. We were stuffed before the dessert. I smiled when Sky yawned next to me and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

Amelia threw me a knowing glance. I was sure she noticed that we were together. I was done hiding it, but Sky didn't seem to be in a rush to tell people we were dating. It was recent and new. I got it but didn't see a problem in sharing the news.

"I have something for you," whispered Sky when the rest of the people were talking about something, not paying attention to us.

"Shorts and oranges?" I asked, making sure to plaster a hopeful expression on my face.

Sky giggled. "No. I'll give it to you in the cabin."

I pecked her cheek. "Okay, sweetheart."

Then, Amelia made us eat some cake, and we stayed chatting with her and her husband for a while until Tim got tired, and we went back to our cabin.

As soon as Tim closed his bedroom door behind him, I drew my arms around Sky and pressed my eager mouth to hers. "Merry Christmas, baby, " I whispered between heated kisses. "My gift first."

I took a box from my nightstand drawer and handed it to Sky. An adorable blush coated her cheeks when she took out a thin golden bracelet adorned with small stones. I thought it would look beautiful on her delicate wrist, and I was right.

"Thank you," whispered Sky. "Mine is a bit similar."

Sky got me a watch, and I couldn't help smiling at the words, engraved on the back of it - Love every moment with you.

I made sure to thank her, crashing my mouth to hers and walking her to the bed, where I was planning on showing her how much I loved our first Christmas together with kisses. I hoped Sky would love something I planned for both of us in a couple of days.

***

"Sweetheart, are you ready to go?" I asked Sky from the bathroom, where I was trying to make my hair look decent. Tim stayed at Antoine's, and Sky and I were going to have a date night.

"One more text."

I smiled. Since the doctors woke Ellie up after Christmas Eve, Sky and Ellie had spent lots of time texting. Our friends needed support, and talking to them was the least we could do.

I washed my hands to get rid of the styling product on them, sprayed some cologne on me, and went to the bedroom.

My eyes couldn't get enough of Sky in a short black dress and the red shoes she'd been teasing me with.

"Come on, let's go." Sky smiled, hopping off the bed and shoving the phone in her purse.

We put on our coats and exited the cabin. Wintry air nipped at my skin right away. "Cold?" I asked Sky.

"No. The cab is already here, look."

She was right; a taxi idled farther down the road. I could've driven, but I decided I'd rather enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.

The short cab ride granted us a chance to observe the small, quaint town with its white church and almost identical, brown roof constructions. Bathed in warm, yellow light coming from the buildings, and surrounded by the imposing mountains, the place belonged in a postcard.

Once I'd paid the driver, we got out of the cab, and I led Sky toward the restaurant where I'd booked a table for two. She observed her surroundings, smiling widely.