Chapter 6- Thief King

Atem watches as the servants run around to get things ready for the wedding in a few days. Atem smiles, it has been three months since Nausikaa came to Egypt and now their wedding is coming up. They have gotten a lot closer since when they first met, of course there is always more to learn, but they are happy and in love.

"You're smiling," Nausikaa smiles as she hugs Atem from behind. "What are you thinking about?"

"Just about how things have changed in the last few months," Atem smiles, turning to look at her. "Especially about how I fell for you."

Nausikaa smiles and blushes, she still isn't used to the attention he gives her. Atem smirks and pecks her lips.

"So shy my queen~"

"You're embarrassing me," she mumbles, hiding her face in his chest.

Atem chuckles as the servants look at them. They are glad the couple is so happy and in love. They never saw their Pharaoh so happy since losing his parents, Nausikaa will be a great Queen and wife to him. Atem watches as Nausikaa walks to their chamber, she had been out with the guards to look for the leader of the thieves so she was a bit dirty.

Nausikaa hums as she cleans up, she is happy that her wedding is coming up soon. As she thinks a crash pulls her from her thoughts.She looks towards the door in confusion.

"Mana? Was that you?" Nausikaa asks, knowing she has a habit of breaking vases she sometimes hides in.

There is no response, this makes Nausikaa get even more on edge. She looks around for something to use to defend herself, unfortunately there is nothing nearby her. She looks up as she hears a deep chuckle. In the doorway is a man with tan skin, white hair and a scar on his face. Nausikaa hides herself from his eyes, she knows who this man is, his looks are exactly like the description the thieves gave her. Thief King Akefia, the man she was searching earlier that day.

"Ah, so you are the soon to be Queen," Akefia chuckles. "I can see why the Pharaoh likes you so. Strong, independent, stunning; you shall be my Queen."

He approaches Nausikaa, slowly removing his robes. Nausikaa begins to panic, sure she knows hand to hand combat, but she doesn't want this man to see her in this state. She looks at her bracelet, she has been practicing with magic to learn more about her new home. She tries to call out to one of the many mages in the palace.

"Stay away from me!" Nausikaa sneers loudly, hoping a servant is outside the door.

"What can you do in this state?" Akefia laughs. "You cannot fight me. You will be mine, taking your body as mine will kill the Pharaoh and his trust in you."

"You will never have me," Nausikaa says, moving away from him. "Leave now Akefia, or I will end you."

He laughs and moves closer, Nausikaa keeps her eyes on him. Though she doesn't dare look down seeing as he is now bare. She keeps backing up as he gets even closer, he grabs her shoulders, trying to force her arms away from her chest. Nausikaa begins to panic, what can she do!? She has never been in this situation.

(With Atem, his POV)

I walk towards my chamber, I have a very bad feeling. I am not sure why, I need to relax and being with Nausikaa helps. That's when I see Heba running towards my room, what in the? Before I can call out, I can hear a scream, that was Nausikaa! I take off to my room and go into the bathroom. I freeze, in the bath are my queen and thief king Akefia. I feel my blood boil as I see bruises on Nausikaa's arms and tears on her cheeks. I move to her and get Akefia away from her.

"How dare you!" I sneer. "You will pay dearly for this Akefia. You dare come into the palace and assault my queen!"

"She is not yours," Akefia chuckles. "She will be my Queen when I take over the land. You will see, she will not be loyal to you. She will leave you as soon as she sees you fall."

He grabs his clothing and quickly leaves, I hold Nausikaa close to me as I hear the guards go after the thief king. I sigh and look at my Queen, I feel my heart stop. I have never seen her so pale and terrified.

"Did he do anything to you?" I ask.

"N-no, I was able to hold him off as best as I could," Nausikaa stammers.

I sigh in relief, I remove my cape and wrap it around her. I blush as I notice her bare body. I quickly look away, I should not look, not until our wedding night. I help her into our room as Seto and Mahad enter.

"Is everyone alright?" Seto asks.

"We are fine," I tell him.

"We have men looking for Akefia right now," Mahad tells me. "Heba was able to place a tracking spell on him so hopefully we will find him soon."

"Thank you for letting me know, for now, Seto I want you in charge of locating him. I need to be with my Queen right now," I tell them.

They both nod and leave the room. I look at Nausikaa as she tries to calm down, I help her to the bed. We sit together and I pull her to my chest, I notice that her muscles relax. I smile and lightly rub her back to help her relax.

"Atem, what he said..." Nausikaa starts.

"Shhh, it's alright love," I say quietly. "I know he was lying, he wanted to get under my skin. I know you Nausikaa, I know you would never do that to me."

She smiles at me and moves closer to me, kissing my cheek. I smile and lay back with her on my chest. I notice her ears turn red.

"Don't worry love, I won't force you to do anything," I tell her.

She nods and slowly falls asleep. I watch her and lightly play with her hair, I am glad I got to her when I did. Who knows what Akefia would have done, I clench my jaw. He will pay for trying to do anything to my Queen.

(The next day)

Nausikaa is with Jono and Honda outside, all three of them are training. Nausikaa needs to get out her pent up energy from the day before, she is glad nothing happened but she could have done more. Jono and Honda know she is beating on herself, they both know there wasn't much else she could have done in the situation, but they know better than saying anything.

"My Queen, your family is here," Anzu smiles.

Nausikaa smiles and knocks the boys down easily, making Anzu laugh. They grumble as they get up, they place the swords away and head to the throne room. Atem is talking with Telemachus, Nausikaa goes to her parents.

"Hello Mother, Father," she smiles.

"I see my little girl has been training," Odysseus smiles, hugging her.

"Of course, I need to stay sharp."

The family happily talks as they go to the sewing room, they brought the wedding dress Nausikaa will be wearing to keep with Hellene's customs. Nausikaa smiles when she sees the dress, it is the same one her mother wore when she got married.

"I knew you always wanted to wear my dress," Penelope smiles. "So we had it tailored to your size."

"Thank you mother," Nausikaa smiles.

"Lets see if it fits," Anzu says.

Nausikaa tries the dress on, it is almost a perfect fit, just needs to be tightened a bit more. Nausikaa looks at herself in the mirror, she smiles and is so happy her wedding is the next day. But then she sees the bruises from what happened the day before, her smile disappears as she lightly touches them. Atem walks up behind her and holds her close, making her jump slightly.

"You're so beautiful," Atem says, kissing her head.

"But the-" she starts.

"Shhh, those marks show how strong you are, you fought against him and protected yourself."

Nausikaa smiles and looks at him, she lightly kisses him. Atem smiles into the kiss, holding her close.