Chapter 4

A month has passed since Nausikaa came to Egypt. She has adjusted well and is getting along with everyone in the palace. Her and Atem are getting a bit closer now, but they still use formal titles with each other. Today is the day that Atem and his men will be heading to the area where they believe a band of thieves are hiding. Nausikaa is in the stable, grooming her horse. He snorts as he sees Atem enter, the stallion doesn't like seeing him near his mistress. He stomps his hoof on the floor as Atem goes to his mare.

"He really doesn't like me does he?" Atem chuckles.

"Apollo, calm down," Nausikaa says to her colt. "I'm sorry, he has never liked men, he doesn't even like my brother."

Atem laughs as he opens the door for his mare, she walks out and lightly pushes Atem with her nose. He chuckles and pets her, Naushikaa smiles and moves to let Apollo out. Apollo snorts and moves, his tail hits Atem in the back. This makes Nausikaa laugh a bit.

"Oh Apollo, you need to be nice to Pharaoh Atem," Nausikaa scolds. "After all, he will be my husband."

This makes Apollo snort again, Atem chuckles as they walk out of the stable. The group of men, including Mahad, Jono and Honda, are waiting for them. Nausikaa hops onto Apollo as Atem gets onto Anipe and they ride off. They all are prepared for the battle that will inevitably happen. Atem is worried for Nausikaa, but he knows she can handle herself. As they get close, the group separates, they want to catch these thieves off guard. Atem and Nausikaa jump off their horses and walk into the deserted town.

"Kul Elna," Atem says. "I am surprised the thieves chose this village."

"I can sense an aura of darkness here, hatred, sorrow and pain," Nausikaa says. "What happened here?"

"I am not sure, all I know is that the village was destroyed in one night many moons ago," Atem tells her.

Nausikaa looks around, her guard up as they continue to walk. Atem also looks around when he blocks an arrow with his sword. Nausikaa pulls out her sword as thieves walk out of the houses and the shadows. They all laugh evilly as they surround the two, Atem and Nausikaa are back to back, covering the other's blind spot.

"Lookie here, it is the Pharaoh!" One sneers. "And he only brought one warrior, and it is a female."

The others laugh which makes Nausikaa's blood boil. She grips her sword tighter but says nothing. She cannot lose her temper right now.

"Who is in charge of all of you," Atem demands.

"Like we are going to tell you," another smirks. "You know, we should kill the Pharaoh now and take the female to our king."

"You will do no such thing," Atem growls.

"How are you going to stop us?" The first one asks. "Get them!"

The thieves run at the two, both of them easily block or dodge the attacks. The couple work in sync to fight against the men. The two are unable to move very far when the men are attacked by Mahad's magic. The other warriors run up to help the Pharaoh and princess. Nausikaa is surprised to actually see magic being used.

"It was a trap!" The first thief yells.

The thieves try their best to fight against the warriors, but it proves difficult. Especially with three Hellenes warriors who have different fighting styles. After fighting for close to an hour, three men escaped while the others were captured. Over ten men have been arrested. The warriors take the thieves to be placed in cells before their executions. Atem and Nausikaa stay behind, they look around the homes to see what they can find. They find a lot of gold, weapons and goods.