Sun Rise

Siren's POV<

Dakota stayed with me by the water for hours. I wonder if she felt the same way I do. I feel right about telling her the truth, but at the same time, it felt weird that I didn't lie.

I don't think I can lie to her.

She's just so easy to talk to, you know? I talked to her all night, she told me stories about her childhood that I'd laughed at. Dakota let me hold her hand, and she laced our fingers together. It felt different to be with a girl like this. But it was a good different. I didn't think about fucking her at all.

Well... Okay.. Maybe once or twice... Or like five times. I don't know.

"I should be getting back," she yawned and relaxed against my body. "Shade will be worried."

I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it," My brother will defend himself. He doesn't need a baby sitter."

There was a moment of silence, and I could feel her start to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and started to relax too.

"Siren?"

"Hmm?"

"How come your mother never even mentioned Shade?" she yawned again," He's her son too."

My eyes opened again, I noticed the sun begin to rise, and I felt her watching it too." My mother never got to know Shade. I only remember her being pregnant with him. When he was born, my dad took him away. I thought he was dead for years."

I played with her fingers and the both of us drifted to sleep, the sun rising against the water must have been romantic to her. I mean, she's a girl, and that's the kind of stuff girls like. Don't they?

"Siren?" her voice was small and cute when she's tired.

I smiled,"yes?"

"why don't you stay with Apollo and Ares back at the camp?"

My jaw tensed up and I stopped playing with her fingers," we don't get along, and we don't have the same goals. There's no point in sticking around."

She yawned again and I laughed," get some rest."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Dakota woke up before I did. Because when I woke up she was gone. There was slight disappointment but I wouldn't complain. She had a job to do, and that was with Apollo and Ares, not with me.

I thought about last night over and over again, I dragged my hands across my face.

"Damn, I'm losing my game. Any other girl, and the events of last night would have gotten me laid."

Don't get me wrong here. Everything that happened last night was 100% truthful. There was just a small part of me that still wanted some booty. Okay... A big part of me.

Did that mean Dakota wanted me? I mean we did sleep together after all. Except, neither of us got what our bodies wanted. Well.... Maybe she was just the cuddling type. And it was my body that didn't get what it wanted.

I stood and felt my back pop in the process, that's what I get for sleeping on a beach. I walked over to the water and dipped my hands in, just to feel my body tingle. The water called to me, actually, it sang to me. This was my home. And yet I could never return to it. I was banished.

Sadness filled me and I splashed water on my face. It was cold but refreshing. I sighed and stood again to look up at the sky. The sun was pretty high up there, which meant I had been sleeping for a while. It had to have been in the late afternoon. Defiantly passed noon.