That Something

Dakotas POV

Hera and I had taken the reluctant Artemis to shower in the river. That was a very awkward silence, until Hera spoke to me while Artemis put on her clothing in a near by bush.

"What do you think of her?" Hera asked me, her green eyes looking friendly for once.

I shrugged," she hasn't been a threat. If anything I think she's stronger than any of us. In heart at least. She was defiantly running from something when we found her."

Hera gave me a confused look, one that looked well on her,"We?"

Dammit!

I laughed it off. " eh, sorry I'm just tired. Today's been a little traumatic for me."

Hera nodded slowly, my lie was defiantly detected but she didn't push anything." hey, Dakota. I feel like you and I got off at the wrong foot, ya know? And I want to correct that."

I looked at her," no, it's okay. I over reacted. I'm not one to judge someone over a boy. You know?"

There was a pause of silence before she nodded slowly," Apollo and I have been off and on for years. He's known for breaking hearts on the way back to me."

I rolled my eyes," from what I've heard about you, Hera, you're the one who breaks the hearts around here."

The look she gave me was deadly," who told you that one? Siren?"

My body froze.

"Yeah, I know all about him. He is a liar, Dakota. If anything, he's a heartbreaker. He's been hurting me for years, making false promises."

I stared at her, and then quickly thought of a lie," I've met Siren one time, how am I supposed to know all of that?"

She rolled her eyes," I'm not stupid. I'm telling you not to trust him. He is dangerous, and he will hurt you. That's just the kind of guy he is. Siren kills for fun."

Before I could respond, Artemis came out from behind the bushes, her dress Ares had given her was an evergreen color. It brought out the auburn of her hair, and the darkness of the clear sky brought out the moon color of her eyes.

I smiled," you're very beautiful, Artemis."

She returned my smile," that means a lot coming from you."

I watched Hera roll her eyes," let's het back before they all have a cow."

I met Siren despite everything Hera had told me, he was sitting right under the very tree I found him hanging on. His whole face lit up when he saw me, I'd also showered and change my clothing. It was the only other thing I had brought with me, and the weather outside was perfect, so I didn't mind wearing it.

I wore a black tank-top and a silvery white flowing skirt that fell to my mid thigh. I wore my boots, the ones that went up to my knees black and gorgeous . Though Ares had told me not to bring them, those boots are my babies.

Siren took off his bow and arrows from his back, and he stood. From the look of it, he also had changed clothes. We wore a black v-neck shirt and jeans, his blonde hair was Slicked back with water. As if he also had just hopped out of the river.

"I didn't think you would show," he laughed nervously when he finally made it to where I was standing.

"Why wouldn't I? You said you had something to show me, unless you were lying."

He chuckled," No, I defiantly wasn't lying." he used the back of his hand to stroke my cheek," there are a lot of things I could show you, Dakota."