A Timeskip

Ash and Pikachu made their way outside of the airplane terminal in Lumiose City. Before they could even cross the road, they already had their breaths taken away with how Kalos looked. 8 years was a huge difference. Lumiose City looked so futuristic. He was trying to guess what had happened while he was gone and how did Lumiose City become so technologically advanced, but then the answer struck him like Pikachu's thunderbolt. It was Clemont! He became a successful inventor and made advancements in his inventions! He even remembered reading about the advancements praising Clemont in a magazine back in Kanto, but completely disregarded that it was the Clemont he was traveling with. Now, Ash was itching to see Clemont! It was only logical that he should probably pay a good old visit to Clemont's gym. If outside of the Lumiose City Gym was looking like this, he couldn't imagine what the inside had looked like.
And just walking to the gym was so astounding. The civilians, people and Pokémon alike, were casually approaching and using Clemont's inventions and technologies. The 'Clemontic Shower' that Ash had seen 8 years ago was upgraded to 'Clemontic Fountains' which radiated electrical energy to all electric type Pokémon within the fountain. Best of all, none of his inventions blew up! Clemont had really outdone himself with these past 8 years.
Ash had finally reached the Lumiose Gym. Surprisingly, it was the only thing in the City that hadn't changed on the outside. When Ash went inside, the interior had taken more of a futuristic look and the battlefield was now glass with electricity flowing beneath it, radiating lightning effects throughout the whole gym.
And no change was bigger than Clemont himself. He looked taller and had a bit more of a build! He was battling a challenger with his Luxray and his voice sounded different as he was yelling out commands to his Luxray! It didn't take long for the battle to conclude and the challenger being defeated. Clemont was praising the challenger on his technique, while also pointing out his flaws and giving him some constructive criticism. The challenger lit up from Clemont's positive feedback, and Clemont offered that he was welcome to come back and challenge the gym again soon. After the challenger had thanked Clemont and was on his way, he saw Ash standing on the sidelines and his face lit up. Although he was still slow, he made an effort to run as fast as he could to Ash and Pikachu.

Clemont: Ash! Pikachu! I can't believe it! It's been so long! How have you guys been?!

Ash: Everything is going well! Me and my buddy decided to take some time off and visit the Kalos region again after so long. We saw all the changes to Lumiose City and knew it was your doing, so we were dying to see you!

Clemont: *scratching the back of his head, eyes closed and blushing* Oh- it's nothing really! I just had a lot of time on my hands these past 8 years...

Ash: Seems to me like you were working really hard on your dream instead of "having a lot of time" on your hands to me! These inventions are amazing! And I saw you on an article on a magazine I was reading. You're practically famous!

Clemont: It's really nothing! *laughing nervously* But thanks!

Although with all these changes, from Lumiose City, to the Gym and to Clemont's physical features, Clemont was still the shy, modest inventor he was after all these years.

Clemont: I've just been working really hard ever since the day we parted ways 8 years ago. The journey we all shared together was so impactful, I knew I had to better myself as a gym leader and an inventor, so I've been working real hard ever since!

Ash: Sure seems like it! I can see your hard work and dedication being emulated through your inventions! You truly are something else Clemont!

Clemont: That means so much coming from you Ash. Thank you so much!

Pikachu: Chu Pikachu!

Clemont: I see Pikachu still remains unevolved. That's cool too! *leans in to pet Pikachu*