Intro

Ash: *to Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena*
I want to thank you guys for coming along with me on my journey... You guys helped me throughout my journey here at Kalos. I won't forget you guys. We're always gonna be a team!

Bonnie: That's right! I'm gonna miss you Ash, Pikachu, and Serena. Please take care!

Clemont: Stay well guys!

The group went in for one last hand in cheer to reassure each other that everything was going to be alright. They let out one last big 'YEAH!' and began slowly parting ways. Clemont and Bonnie went to the path that takes them to Lumiose City. Meanwhile, Serena and Ash were on the same path, but it wasn't long until the path diverged, separating them and leading them into differing routes. Serena had something important and finally built up the courage to say it to Ash but...

Serena: Hey Ash? *blushing*

Ash: Yup?

Serena: .....

Ash: Serena?

Serena: Oh! Sorry... I was just gonna ask if you're ready for the next region...

Ash: Oh! Of course I am! I'm going to give it my all! And I hope to see you give it your all too for your Pokemon Performances!

Serena: ...

Serena was choking on her words. The sentences wouldn't formulate either.

Ash: Serena are you okay?

Serena: ...I

Ash: What's bugging you?

Serena: Well... I.... Was thinking of quitting my Pokemon Performances that's all....

Ash: What?! Don't "that's all" to that! Serena, why would you want to do something like that? It's your dream! Aim for your dream! Make it a reality!

Serena: I know... But....

Ash: Serena, why would you think of doing something like that?

Serena: ... I- I- ... I'd rather travel with you!

Serena suddenly finds herself with tears streaming down her face uncontrollably.

Serena: I'm- I'm sorry. I probably sound very selfish right now asking for such impossible things... *sniffle* Ash I..

Ash: *speechless* Serena... *nodding his head no* Don't hold yourself down because of me... I'm going to be ok. And I know you're going to be ok too. You have your Pokemon and you have your dream. Now, I want you to go fulfill that dream you hear me?

Serena: *wiping away fresh tear streams* My dream... right...

Ash: *Smiling back at her*

Serena was recalling the time from the forest. It was just like how they met; her crying and Ash stopping her from crying and smiling back at her. Now, she was exiting their journey just like that time in the forest. They reached a dirt path intersection where they'd both split up.

Ash: Go Serena. Aim for that dream and don't hold back. You're going to do amazing things out there. Make me, Bonnie Clemont, and your mother proud.

Serena: *blushing* Right! *nods her head* Ash, I truly hope we meet again soon.

Ash: Me too Serena. Take care.

Pikachu: Pika Pika!

And then and there, unconfessed, Serena and Ash went their separate path and ways never actually learning when will they meet again.

Ash: *wondering to himself and thinking aloud* Now, why DID she wanna continue on with me on my journey?... Oh well that will forever remain a mystery!

Pikachu: Pika pika... *sweatdropping*

8 years later

The Pidgeys were chirping, the sun was rising, making a gradient of orange and purple in the sky and the dew was glistening in the grass in Pallet Town. Little did Ash know, however, that today was the day.

Ash: *sleeping*

Pikachu: *Sleeping* Pikachu.... pi...

Delia was already awake, heading out to Professor Oak's lab to lend a hand, until she realized, her son was still sleeping in on a day he's been looking forward to for a while.

Delia: Ash! Wake up! Isn't your plane leaving today? You're going to be late!

Ash: *waking up* Huh? ....

Pikachu: Chu!

Delia: Geez, even at a crucial time like this, you're going to wake up late? I wonder what time you went to bed last night!

Ash: Huh? What are you talking about?

Ash looked around a bit and saw a marked calendar with a bunch of Xs and a huge circle on the day that they were waiting for.

Ash: OH YEAH!!! I FORGOT!!!

Delia: Geez... Some things never change...

Ash was now 18 years old. He was taking time off of his Pokémon Mastering duties to head back to visit Kalos to see how everything had aged. Ash went and gathered his belongings and bolted out, but not without a goodbye to his mother and Mr. Mime first, of course. He had promised he'd be home soon enough.

It was a three hour flight, full of turbulence but him and Pikachu finally made it.

Ash: So we meet again Kalos!

Pikachu: Pikachu chu!