CHAPTER 17: Rylie's tongue

Start from the beginning

Even though I do remember the capo saying that Rylie is at my beck and call, she is my friend and I don't want to use her as my personal maid. She only stops by my temporary room to deliver my meals and medicines, dress up my half healed wound with bandages and to spend time with me whenever she gets a break between her duties.

And when Rylie is not there to accompany me, I have Adrian who does try to visit me every evening and spends some time with me. Aren't I the most luckiest girl in the world? Having only two people in this mansion who actually care about me?

I don't even want to talk about Louisa. It's like that old woman has vanished from my life ever since the capo shot me. She met me once I woke up and that's it. Ever since I have been staying beside capo's room, that woman has either been avoiding me or stopped caring about me and hasn't paid a visit.

Whatever. I have got to learn about this new technology enhancement shit.

"Welcome to Youtube, Amy. Here you'll find your source of passing the time by watching cute little kitty videos." Adrian cooed and pinched my cheeks.

I slapped his hand. "I know what YouTube is, you idiot. I'm not that outdated."

"Oh," He muttered. "That's good to hear. Then let's move on to Google maps and music or you know what that is?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I know what they are and what they do, but what I don't know is how to use them in this mini TV looking like phone."

"Fine. I'll teach you when you'll get your own phone, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, isn't that right brother?" He said nonchalantly and grinned at his brother who continued to ignore us.

I laughed. "We'll see about that. When I'll go back to my family and get my own phone, I'll send you a text on...what was that again? Instant gram?"

"Instagram, baby. It's Instagram." Adrian said smoothly.

"Whatever. I have got bigger issues here." I huffed, looking down at my injured leg. We were in capo's office which is not coincidentally also in this floor. Adrian and I were sitting on the couch in the corner of the room with my leg supported on the chair while the capo did his work.

Suddenly, we heard the door knock faintly and Rylie entered, her dirty blonde hair tied up in a pony, her eyes down on the floor as we were trained to do so and holding a tray having two cups of coffee and a few plates of snacks along with my medicine.

I saw her keeping a cup and a plate in capo's table who was engrossed in his papers and didn't even acknowledge her presence.

"Hi Rylie!" I chirped.

Her eyes lifted up and she gave me a smile when she saw me. Then her eyes met with the man who was sitting beside me and her face paled in horror.

The tray slipped from her hands, fell on the floor with a crashing sound and she screamed, her mouth wide open for us to see and my blood turned to ice when I saw a half cut tongue which was all black behind the beautiful smile she just gave me.

I stood up and quickly limped to her side, not bothering about the searing pain in my legs. "Rylie! Rylie! Look at me. What happened?"

She kept screaming. Tears were now rolling down her face and she was trembling in fear. I searched her apron pockets to find her notepad and pen and handed it over to her.

Much to my shock, she threw them away and pointed an accusing, shaky finger to a person behind me.

Then she faced me and motioned her mouth with the other hand. "Ahhmeeya. My...oongge..."