아홉

"You are to break up with this," Mr. Rein pointed at Ashton furiously, "or you simply are going to be out of a record label. Let's be honest Luke, the piano isn't that popular nowadays- we're the only label who is going to hire you, especially after this scandal. I'm giving you a chance here Luke, don't you remember how hard you worked to get here, and you're going to just throw it all away for some guy."

Staring at the chubby man, Luke felt like his world was crashing into him like a tsunami. Everything was happening so fast, and he hadn't been prepared for this- maybe he could've done something to change it. Biting his lip, "Please allow me time to think about this sir."

"No, if you are to make a decision like this time is not important- time to what? Ask Mr. Tattoos over here, no Luke. Don't ruin your future, I have hopes for you kid."

Luke sighed, "I suppose Ashton and I will have to break up," He said softly, the emotions and thoughts racing through Ashton's head made obvious just by the aura he seemed to radiate. His body turning to look at Luke with a shocked expression.

"You can't mean that," He whispered, holding Luke's hands ever so gently, and ignoring everything else around them.

"He's right Ashton, I worked so hard for this- so many years and now I'm going to lose it all for some relationship I just got into?" Tears ran down his cheeks, and it felt like his heart was tearing in two, but he had to think realistically about this.

Ashton closed his mouth, pulling completely away from Luke, and staring at him with eyes which were once warm and filled with love, but now were cold. He walked away, opened the door, and left. Hearing the receptionist laughing, for she predicted this was going to happen. Since Luke had been able to, he has been striving to be the best pianist player out there, how could he just dump his dreams for a love which had already caused enough chaos in his life. Maybe the fact of the matter was, that his life would be best lived alone. Predictability is the key to success is it not? Or is he just too scared of the future and what it can hold, that he would decide to leave the first true love of his life?

Falling to his knees, the pianist wept in the middle of his manager's office. The chubby man grinning and laughing in glee at Luke's answer while his client was being torn apart at the seams mentally. "May only the best happen to you," He said softly, looking at the ground before him. Knowing that Ashton was leaving, and this may have been the final chance the punk would be giving him. The final time he would be allowing the ocean eyed musician to break his heart. 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Ashton believed, Luke would never get a chance to speak to him again. He believed that the man was practically dead to him. When he walked out that day after Luke had chosen his career first, his heart shattered and simply never was fixed. It was almost as if he had become a shell of the person he had been within an instant. No pain could compare to having Luke willingly cut ties with him. While he selfishly wanted to be picked, he came to agree with Luke's decision over time. When it came down to it, some loser you just started dating wasn't comparable to your dreams of being a famous pianist. 

But knowing the rationality of it all didn't mean anything more than an ability to get over a bump in the road and wake up each day. Any method Ashton could use to pretend Luke never existed, or at least make the depression only be in the back of his mind was taken in an instant. Yet you never really forget, you can't forget a love which surpasses decades, that consisted of mostly yearning. The punk waited every day since the day he first became friends with the blond, to be able to make him his. And yet, his friend chose to be with her. That rotten abusive bitch who broke him down until he was weak.