여덟

The news anchor had an emotionless face and spoke in that comical boring tone all anchors had. Ashton felt that when they interviewed these people, they must ask them to do the voice, because all of them do it exactly the same, even up to the slight pauses perfectly timed in order to create suspense within the news story. Typically he could care less about the news, never did he check it, for he had no reason to. It was depressing and seeing as his life was like the color beige, he wasn't looking for more reasons to make it worse by voluntarily watching the news. Even so, sometimes his curiosity was peaked in regards to stories about him. What do they have to say about the famous painter: Ashton Irwin? Nothing worthwhile, but he was not one to turn a blind eye to his name being said, but rather eavesdrop and then let nothing else come of whatever had been said about him. 

Problem was, this went way beyond opinions on his art, or an announcement regarding him having a show, or being invited to a gala, or selling a painting to some A list celebrity. His eyes stared at the television screen before him with pure horror and nostalgia. Luke and him being mentioned in the same story, he may as be reliving the nightmare from three years ago. 

"Famous pianist and now singer Luke Hemmings sparked widespread conversation in regards to his recent song release. Due to tweets from the artist's Twitter, he has confirmed that the song is about someone, a lover per se. The internet is absolutely buzzing. and even more so after his radio interview today with 106.8 The Beat. Where the artist openly came out as gay. Recall that three years ago Hemmings denied accusations of being gay and having an affair with famous painter Ashton Irwin. The two stopped being seen together until as of recent, where they were seen again having dinner with one another." 

Photos of them at their dinner? How? He thought they had been in a private place, but paparazzi always got to Luke someway or another. His mind was swirling with questions, he was nauseated. His hand rose to his chest, eyes snapping shut so he could try and focus on his breathing. Luke knew damn well, him coming out as gay would spark the past again, and yet he did it. Whatever happened to not rushing him into trusting him? Laying down on the couch within his living room, he felt like the world was spinning around him, out of control, and those who existed within the confines of his boring world laughed, their grins wide, their teeth showing clearly, mocking him because he was entrapped in his feelings for Luke. 

Carter was blowing up his phone, he had hung up hearing the news for it was too much for him to process. The memory just kept replaying like a DVD scratched so it keeps looping on one part, freezing and refusing to allow the person to see the rest of the movie after that part it is stuck at. He was stuck being an absolutely lovesick fool for that damn pianist and there was nothing he could do about it. Laughter rose from his throat, sounding more like a hideous croak from a raw throat caused by harsh sobs that hit the body like a hurricane does a boat. "Love truly is the greatest pain."

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

The radio host was clearly in his 50s, but he dressed like a hipster aching to get an Americano. Luke had to keep himself from cringing at the sight, smiling politely instead as the host attempted to make small talk with him. Ads were playing on the radio, and when they ceased, his mic would be turned on and the questions would start rolling towards him. Boring and basic questions, they reminded him of tumbleweeds. Yet, with him releasing his song, they surely would have to be a bit more exciting than usual. Or so he hoped at least. 

The murmur of a countdown began, and Luke composed himself properly, he had done these so many times already it wasn't difficult.

"On Air!" He heard from behind him, before the radio host grinned wildly and began stating his introduction into the microphone before him.