Chapter 77 - His Child

Start from the beginning

He felt physically repelled from the child with his next attempts.

He could feel the life slipping away from the child. "what are you doing?"

he quickly realised that it was the child's own doing. Somehow the child stopped him from helping.

"I can help if you just let me", again he tried to force his energy through a barrier like wall but it was pointless. He was only met with another pounding headache.

"For such a small thing how are you so powerful?", Azuki felt the little trace of warmth leave the child. " You truly are his child" he spoke quietly.

Azuki brought the child closer to himself, "Sleep peacefully child. I'm here with you" he whispered.

It was quiet but Azuki could feel it, the child was no longer.

The silence was interrupted as the other child began to cry. Such a strange sound in his ears. He knew that the new-born was mourning his sibling.

Azuki watched the child who's face grew red and focused more at the difference between the pair. It was widely unbalanced.

It was entirely possible the smaller child sacrificed his own being to save his brother.

But even so without his hesitation the child might've had more of a chance.

Azuki remained silent the only noise filling the room was the crying child. He decided that the child in his hands was going to be someone only he knew existed.

Loss he was extremely familiar with. Mikage however was more like glass, another crack and he would risk breaking him. It wasn't something he could allow.

"I'll build you a shrine", he promised the already deceased child.

After he said that the building began to tremble, a sharp jolt forced Azuki backwards. Whilst the building shook he quickly jumped to Mikage's side and attempted to shield both him and the child. But strangely enough after a minute it stopped.

Within the same moment it stopped, a surge of power entered him. He felt himself now brimming with massive amounts of power that he'd not felt in a long time.

Not only him but the child too seemed different, when he saw black scales on the boys back and like smoke they disappeared as quickly as they came. A quietness finally filled the room.

He took another glance at the deceased child and what he thought to be something else he now saw white scales etched onto the miniature body.

It was strange too many things were occurring all at once.

Much later on however he'd discovered that these children were the catalyst for earths evolution and essentially its rebirth. Everything he'd once perceived earth as, had not thereafter been the same.

But for now, he'd noticed whatever it was the occurred to him and the child didn't have the same impact on Mikage.

Not only was the child at Mikage's side stable, he was also thriving massively. whereas in comparison the force from Mikage lack tremendously.

It plagued Azuki more.

But he knew there was an easy resolution to Mikage's condition, and favourably it aligned with his plans. To return and reclaim the heavens, of course after a grand sweep.

Like Mikage had said in the past, he was essentially a child of the heavens, so in order to restore his vitality they needed to return. To achieve It did require sacrifice until then it wouldn't be long.

He picked up the phone that rung relentlessly inside his pocket, "Ao Ren. Come to the fifth floor immediately", without waiting he hung the phone up.

****

Endless Ruins pervaded the entire land feature, what once was white, was now grey and weathered. It was sprawled in vegetation. If they were not broken dwellings, castles and palaces they'd be pillars, statues and temples. It was a sight quite literally out of this world.

A dense fog cascaded onto the peak of the largest ruins. From there it fell like a waterfall and shrouded throughout the entire landscape burying the ground in the thick haze.

Like a thunderstorm of rainbows, the sky lit up chaotically in various colours.

A very large man sat inside a temple without a ceiling, and before him lay a large basin with black water. He was so still, time stopped in his very presence. His long platinum hair spread throughout the floor. His face was otherworldly, even perfection itself, yet the permanent gloom that decorated it, also dampened its flawlessness. His three eyes shone like the moon in a dead black sky, the two relaxed and the third remained vigilant.

A much smaller man with the same face leant against a pillar.

"Almost dead is he and he's still clinging on to his mortality. Even with little less than a fragment of his entire soul he refuses to let go."

The large man held up a finger that was the same size the other man's chest, "Your voice alone burdens my ears. My eyes miss not a thing, you're not my limbs, barely a scythe you are. Speak only as my dull scythe," he didn't once move a single eye from the basin.

His voice alone was anything but human, the sound he emitted was an echo of numerous voices integrated to a single person.

The smaller man backed away and bowed, his face began to flicker between many different faces. "I say the obvious because I wish for a mission. That worlds gap is tolerable for my form. It has ascended far quicker than I estimated. I have the means to kill him, this time no failures. Its earths turn to fall." A sneer painted onto his faces.

The larger man lowered his finger and leant to the side bemused, "I want not a single soul left."

The man kneeled on all fours, "Like your heavens I will place personal consideration to his loved ones again."

Finally, the man moved two of his eyes to glance at the man before him "If you don't tear the soul from each of their flesh for me to feast on properly, I will melt you down and re-forge you from a scythe into a lance."

"Yes father", the man stayed on a single face and remained stoic, but his clenched fist gave his nerves away. From there he disappeared.

Despite seeing everything the man paid more focus inside the basin.

"Mikage"

he paused as the boys unconscious face appeared inside the basin, "no longer divine are you". He placed his finger into the black liquid where the image of Mikage's chest was shown.

"Your soul doesn't belong"

But before anything further happened another person appeared in the image, the liquid bubbled and gurgled in response. Then the image was lost.

The eye on the man's forehead narrowed, "Kistune" his voice lingered on the word as if it left a bad taste.

The black liquid slid out of the basin and disappeared into the man's shadow.   

So new characters yaay (•_•) might be something to worry about, maybe not?? 

anywho hows was that chapter ??

Are we in favour of the newcomers??

How do we feel about Azuki?? 

Again where's Ryuu??(next chapter maybe...?)

And what is going onn???

I apologise for the rushed chapter and somehow at the same time, the lateness of the chapter>>