X. Vanilla Bean & S'mores

There he was. The boy Calum never got tired of seeing, as much as he may have teased.

Predictably, he arrived in line behind him, and Calum decided it was the day he was going to change things.

Calum knew what he wanted. (And he didn't mean a drink flavor.)

Calum didn't say much to Michael while they were in line, he didn't even greet him. He was just kind of quiet.

In fact, it kind of scared Michael a bit. Did he do something wrong? Did he go too far? Did he read this whole situation with Calum wrong and he secretly hated him?

He knew rationally none of that was probably the case, but he wasn't entirely sure how Calum was 100% feeling up until that point because he had always given him mixed signals.

It turns out though that Michael didn't have to question Calum's feelings much longer though, because it was pretty obvious how he felt with what he did when they got to the counter.

When the barista asked, "What can I get for you today?" Calum all of the sudden flipped himself behind Michael and said, "You can go ahead of me."

Michael was still confused and lost in his thoughts when he did that. "W-What, why?" He asked. He wasn't expecting it and was a bit anxious now because he didn't plan to have to make a decision.

Calum just smirked before he said, "You're hot and have good taste in drinks."

He definitely didn't expect that either...but did Calum really do that?

"Did you just flirt with me using my own line-"

He laughed and blushed a bit. "Maybe. Or maybe it was my line, and you're the mind reader."

"Oh my god....I-I don't even know what you want," Michael said as he snapped back to reality that they were probably holding up the line.

Calum raised his eyebrows, retorting, "I don't even know what you want every day." Michael just sighed in mild frustration.

Calum patted his shoulder, "Just get your favorite, you know I'll probably like anything you do."

Somehow he knew he wasn't just talking about drinks when he said that.

Michael smiled then and didn't think twice when he placed his order.

"We're getting two?" Calum asked after Michael paid for a large of both Vanilla Bean and S'mores.

"No, I just paid for both of us, I have two favorite flavors, now come here." He said, pulling the boy over to the side so the person behind them could order.

It was silent again between them once again, but this time, Michael was comfortable in it.

"This isn't supposed to be how this goes, we're supposed to get the same ones." Calum laughed softly when they were handed their drinks.

"Which one's mine?" He continued.

"It doesn't matter, because we're sharing anyway."

"Sharing?" He asked.

"Yep."

"Isn't that a couple thing?" Calum questioned with a wide smile.

"Exactly." Michael answered, smirking as he gave him the s'mores one and grabbed his free hand to lead them over to their chairs.

-

You see, this wasn't intentional. Michael never planned on making it a routine to order the same exact drink as the cute boy in front of him every day.

But he was glad he did.