Though there were definitely a lot of holes in my memories, it had me thinking that maybe it's for the best that I don't remember them at all.

I reached for my bedside drawer and picked up the silver ring that's been sitting there for quite some time collecting dust. I haven't worn it since the Sports Fest in my fight against my brother.

A lot of things crossed my mind that night, but somehow I ended up thinking of Katsuki instead. That hot-headed bastard who nearly killed my brother.

At times like this, he'd be the first one on call. Actually, if he were the one with me during the mall incident, he never would've left my side. He'd be downstairs making food in an attempt to cheer me up.

I really miss him.

~

7:24 AM

I rolled out of bed and went downstairs once I heard the doorbell on my front door ring.

"Ayaka? It's Kirishima." He said behind the door. "I know I'm a little early but I just thought I'd get you breakfast this morning."

I opened the door and greeted him with a smile. "Morning."

"Morning." The redhead pressed a kiss to the side of my temple before walking over to the island counter to set down the paperbag he was holding, then proceeded to take out its contents. "You look like you barely slept."

"Yep, barely. So what's for breakfast?"

"Chicken and waffles." He looked back on me and grinned. "Also, I got you some medicine just in case you wanna sleep on the plane."

"Ah, Kiri just marry me already."

As we ate breakfast, I couldn't help but notice how Kiri wasn't in his usual upbeat mood, like something was bothering him. I opened my mouth to ask what was wrong, but he beat me to it.

"I don't have a chance with you, do I?" He asked out of the blue, making me choke on my food.

"I-I'm sorry, what?"

"Well, there's Katsuki. A very formidable foe and my best friend, at least he used to be." The redhead put down his fork and looked over to me. "I actually want to fix things between him and me, but that would be impossible if I'm to be with you. I know I can't choose both, but I can't just choose just one either." He sighed. "I mean, I don't know. Is there any way I can keep both you and my best friend? 'Cause if there was, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

Kirishima was in a bit of a predicament himself- I can't believe I haven't noticed. I've only been thinking about myself all this time, I failed to see how someone else was hurting because of it.

I moving closer to the redhead then wrapped my arms around his side.

He turned to his shoulder and left a kiss on my arm. "You think we'll be okay?"

"Yeah, I think we'll be fine."

"After our trip, I'll go straight to him." He smiled, dead set on his decision. "I'm going to get my best friend back."

~

Haneda Airport, Tokyo 
10:22 AM

Ego dropped us off at the airport's entrance where we were met with two flight attendants who carried our bags inside.

"Good morning, Ms. Ayaka Mo." One of them said.

"Let me guess, Kenji told you to fetch me?"

He nodded. "Mr. Mo also asked us to upgrade you to first class. Everything's been taken care of and your private room is ready."