two

I waited in the hallway while clutching the form in my hand. Bakugou's bound to pass by here, I mean this is the entrance of the heroics building, my skills of deduction won't fail me.

"Can I help you?"

I turned around to see a sophomore who's frame towered over mine by a foot. I was quick to notice the tiny freckles under his green eyes that made him look bashful for someone in the heroics dept.

I found myself staring a little too long and averted my gaze, flustered. "I-I um.."

"Hey you're Blake, right?"

Since words don't seem to be working for me, I nodded hesitantly.

"I saw you back in the auditorium with another guy, I hope you guys didn't hurt yourselves."

"W-We're fine, my quirk broke our fall."

He smiled, drawing his hand out to me. "Well that's good news. I'm Izuku Midoriya by the way."

I took his hand and shook it like a normal person. "I'm Ayaka Blake, which you probably already know."

"Yeah, it was hard to forget the girl who literally fell from the ceiling. So what brings you here so early in the morning?"

I can't believe I almost forgot my purpose for being here just because of a cute guy. Get a grip, Ayaka!

I held up the form in my hand and gave it to him. "I'm actually looking for-"

"Kacchan? You're signing up as Kacchan's partner?" Izuku questioned in disbelief.

"You make it sound like a nightmare."

"Can't really say it isn't but- ah.. how do I say this without offending Kacchan indirectly?"

"Well he's not here so you can tell me. I mean if I'm gonna work for him I might as well get a headstart at trying to figure him out."

Izuku seemed hesitant at first but he eventually spilled after looking around the hallway. "My friend Kacchan can be a bit.. aggressive at times."

I raised a brow at the sophomore who handed me back the form. "Well that's anti-climatic, I thought he'd be more interesting."

"He's an interesting piece of work, I assure you." He said. "But I'm not sure if you could handle all that- not that I'm doubting your capabilities its just that.. he may be too much for someone like you."

"What do you mean 'someone like me'? I hope to god you're not playing the gender card here."

"N-No! Not at all! What I meant was him being.. somewhat challenging. Especially for a first year who probably has no idea what she's getting herself into."

Now that's just plain rude.

"OI!"

We both jumped when a familiar voice echoed throughout the hallway.

Bakugou glared at Izuku then looked down on me. "Freshman? What are you doing here with Deku?"

"She was actually looking for you so-"

"I wasn't talking to ya, shithead." He turned back to me with his eyes on the form. "Don't tell me you're signing up to be this nerd's partner."

"Nope." I picked up the pencil resting on my ear and signed the form. "Thanks to him I finally made up my mind. We'll start tomorrow Bakugou, I look forward to working with you."

~

"Ugh! The nerve on that guy!" I took another chunk out of my burger and started stuffing my face with fries and pizza.

"Woah, slow down with the carbs, you're stress eating again." Kenji leaned his cheek on his knuckles on the table. "And I think he probably said those things out of kindness. You just took it too personally."

"You should've seen how he looked at me from head to toe.. I felt so small under his gaze. Like a helpless child."

"Of all people, I know how much you hate feeling like you can't do anything. But it's not gonna be like that, so let's just move on to better things, yeah?"

I rolled my eyes at him and kept stuffing more food into my mouth.

"If you eat that much you'll get fat."

"I'll die if I don't eat anything, you dipshit."

He snapped his fingers as if a lightbulb just popped above his head. "I can talk to the guy if you're too upset about it, I mean he's just a year level above us so that makes it a little easier."

I turned away from my bestfriend, still stuffing my face with food. "No, I don't want you talking to someone like him. He might just encourage you to do something crazy out of reverse psychology."

"And what did he made you do, exactly?" I put down the last slice of pizza in my hand and sighed. "You know Katsuki Bakugou, right?"

"Yeah, what of him?" Kenji's eyes widened when I looked away. "No fucking way- you signed up for him?!"

"You're starting to sound like that sophomore."

"Its because that sophomore was right. Bakugou is someone even I can't put up with- and believe me I tried." He ran a hand down his hair, looking more and more worried. "Before we even enrolled here, I heard he almost killed his sparring partner in their first time training."

"That's impossible, the teachers would never allow that."

"There was a video, Ayaka. I watched the whole thing and he destroyed half of the building they were in with his gauntlet- the weapon you will be responsible for improving." Kenji got up from his seat and took out his phone. "Damn, if I only knew sooner I would've kept you from it. I'll try and call Power Loader-sensei to pull you out, for the mean time you steer clear from Bakugou-"

"No." I cut him off.

"What? Ayaka can you hear yourself right now?"

I pushed my chair back and stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "I signed up for this and I'm not backing out just because he's psycho. This is what I want to do, to help bring out the best in heroes regardless if people think otherwise, and if you can't respect that then I guess you don't believe in me at all."

"Ayaka-"

"I'll be by his house tomorrow, if you got something you say, say it where he can hear you."

Kenji should know better than to ruin someone's image just to keep me out of harm's way. We're in UA for crying out loud, we enrolled here to grow from hardship and not be pampered.

I chose this, and I swear I'll do one hell of a job with Katsuki Bakugou, even if that boy turns out to be the death of me.