Chapter 28: Smile, You're gonna Need it!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Some guy named Kimimaro."
My head perked up at the mention of that name, my back straightening as I leaned in closer. Upon my advancement, the Hyuuga inched back.

"Really?! What was his kekkai Genkai like?"

His brows furrowed, pacing his long-forgotten book on his lap. "Extremely creepy and kinda gross?" Came the dark-haired's unsure response. The heir's posture then relaxed, averted his chin away from me. "Why are you so interested in him, anyway? You already know that he's dead."

I moved back, an index finger waving in the air. "Ah-Ah-aaaah~!" I let out with a smile, giggling at the end. "It's kinda because he's dead. Cuz, ya know, you kinda killed the last of the Kaguya clan."

Hiro once again tensed, darting his perplexed eyes at me. "...he wasn't joking?"

"Did he seem like the type to do so?"

"How—" his eyes were now widened as shock flooded his features. "How would I know? Do you know how many crazy people are in this world?!"

"Well~" I raised my eyes to look at the ceiling, as I calculated the math with my fingers. "In the manga, there's at least... 20 people."

I could help but giggle at his taken back expression. "I shouldn't have reincarnated as a ninja." The laying boy mumbled.

"Like you could've done anything about that!" I laughed, settling down once the tension fell. Looking around, I couldn't help but notice that, once again, it was bare and absolutely boring. And yet, I feel like I'll be coming here a lot... Placing my hands on the side of the bed, I made myself stand up, "Well, I should go, wouldn't want to—"

I felt something grab my hand.

My eyes shot open to find a bigger, more calloused hand on them. Darting my sight towards the perpetrator, who was Hiro, my brows raised up in silent curiosity. He took a small inhale, "Stay." His voice was low and quiet and brows were furrowed once more, emotions swirling in his light-colored eyes.

Ah. My mouth stretched wide as I used my other hand to cover up my giggles. "Awwwww~ are you lonely without me~?" I teased, earning a squawk and the sight of his cheeks dusted pink. "Don't worry, you tsun tsun, I'm here for you~"

"It's— it's not that!" Hiro exclaimed flusteredly with a rushed tone, releasing his grip on me. "And don't call me that!" He scooted away, the redness still tinted on his face and at the ends of his ears. "It's just..." Like before, he took a deep breath. "Are you ok?"

I tutored my head as if to express my confusion. "What'cha mean?"

The Hyuuga sighed as if irritated at me. "Princess, your twin literally tried to flee the village and succeeded. I'd be at least a little down if I was you."

I laughed it off with a wave. "Don't worry~" I tried to assure him with a perfect smile. "I mean, I am a bit sad but, in the end, Naruto does save him! So, even if it takes a long time, I'm perfectly fi—"

"Ashley."

I stumbled on my words, noticing the change in names, before picking up the pace again "What? Ya think changing the name would—"

"Let me repeat myself," Tae-young spoke out, cutting my words as he gazed at me in a way that made him seem... vulnerable? Why? "Are you ok?"

For once, I fell silent. "How...?" Not even Naruto, Sakura, or Shikamaru noticed. My facade— so how?

The heir darted his eyes away, as if bashful, opting to look at the hospital window instead. The view was pretty, with the rays of sunlight poking through the thin curtains. "It might be due to the fact that we've been friends for so long or cuz I also have a twin but..." My reincarnation friend glanced back at me. "It was just a gut feeling."