The journey from Lagos to school wasn't as easy as it was the first time. Apart from the fact that the passengers were hostile, the bus developed several faults that made us pull up on the road for repairs and also resulted in a long journey than it was supposed to be.

On getting to my destination, I got down from the bus at around five o'clock, I stretched myself and watched the driver bring down luggages from his boot. I quickly gathered my things and called Remilekun.

I had since sent her the remaining half of the money while we were at home, even though she complained about the late payment. After about thirty minutes since I called her, she arrived with her car which was driven by the chauffeur.

In conjunction with the chauffeur, I was able to lift my things into the car and we drove off to the hostel with I and Remilekun seated at the back.

"Are you going to have him with you throughout the semester?" I pointed to the driver and asked her after we have exchanged pleasantries.

"No, he will go back today. I just wanted him to help you with your things before he leaves.

"Okay." I nodded my head and stayed out of the window.

"My friends have arrived. Nifesimi and Tamilore." She said and tapped me, since my attention was already diverted.

"Oh okay. I guess they are our room mates, right?"

"Yes they are." She answered me and picked her ringing phone.

No one spoke throughout the journey, the one thing that broke the silence was the sound her phone made whenever it rang or tapped. I brightened up as the car approached the hostel that had Queens Villa written on it. The wall was painted wine colour and it looked shining than it was when we checked it during the registration.

"I requested for a repaint." Remilekun said pointing to the fence and at the same time answering my unasked question.

"They can't have me paying that amount of money when what they have got is a fence with pilling paint." She added, while I sighed in reply. If you ask me, I see no need for the place to be painted again but what can a poor civilian like myself do. With the interaction I have had with her, her Mum is single and a very popular politician. To cap it up she is the only daughter. So I know she had everything she wanted at the tip of her fingers.

I alighted from the car lazyly and watched as people peeped from their windows trying to see who drove in. I and the chauffeur brought out my things while Remilekun walked into another room different from the one we checked before.

I watched helplessly as she closed the door behind her. Feeling confused, I stood at the spot and tried to figure out what was going on. With a wave of the hand, the driver bid me goodbye and drove out of the compound.

"Come inside." Remilekun opened the door and signalled to me to come in. I carried my mattress and walked towards her.

"Is this our room?" I asked for clarification.

"Sure, I had to change into this after the day we came." She answered me with no further explanations.

"Okay." I answered wondering why she changed the room and followed her inside to meet two ladies on the bed with their full attention on the film they were watching on the laptop. I placed my bed on the floor and went back outside for the other things.

I laid my bed on the empty bunk space and removed my clothes then changed into new one. Feeling better but guilty about not greeting my new roommates, I moved closer to them and tapped them.

"Hi, evening." I tapped the girl who had a tank top and bum short on.

"Hii." She looked at me in awe and flew off the bed.

"Who are you?" The other one who was light in complexion asked and stood up.

"She is Todun, our roommate." Remilekun answered as she wiped water off her body. She just came out of the bathroom, she had  complained about the warm weather earlier.

"Ohh, I am Nifesimi but you can call me Nife." The one who I had tapped and had a tank top and bum short on stretched her hands to me for a shake. She was dark in complexion and a little bit taller than I am. She had a cute dimple dug into her cheeks as she gave cute smile. I shook her and smiled in reply, feeling no need for a further introduction with the one already done by Remilekun.

"I am Oluwatamilore but Tamilore for short." The short and fair in complexion girl introduced herself. Her thick lashes looked funny when she blinked her eyes. She didn't bother to shake me as she walked to the bunk where I placed my bed and climbed on the top bunk.

"Nice to meet you." I turned towards her and walked back to my bunk as well.

"Thank God you know I sleep on top while you stay down there." She said as I sat on my bed and placed my bag on my laps. Isn't it so obvious, I muttered as I unzipped my bag.

"Did you say something." She asked me and  got down from the bed.

"Just let her be Tamilore, you shouldn't start a fight on the first day. I thought you dropped that at home." Nife half screamed.

"Sure, I did." She replied and sat beside me. Not minding her presence, I pulled out my pregnant phone from the bag and dialled my Mum's number which she picked up and I  informed her about my safe arrival. As I talked on phone the gestures of Tamilore didn't go unnoticed as she turned to Nife and Remilekun. She must be talking about my phone, I thought as I ended the call.

"Don't tell me you are the owner of that?" She asked me and pointed to my phone. Isn't it obvious, I wanted to scream but kept quiet feeling no urge to fight with someone we just met.

"It's mine." I answered her calmly while she burst into another round of laughter.

"Remmy... If she is going to remain with us... That damn thing will have to go... Like how the hell do you want me to wake up to this in the hands of my roommate and bunkmate." She said in-between laughter. We all stared at her as she continued laughing. I sighed at the thought of what exactly was so funny about the phone that made her laugh.

"Tammy, you have got to deal with it ni o." Remilekun replied her and left to the kitchen.

As I sat down and looked at Tamilore, I knew we were going to have problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, what do you think about this chapter?

What do you think about Todun's roommates?

Don't forget to share your views by dropping comments and don't forget to vote as well.🥰