"Hey, kitty's," The man behind the 'bar' said grinning as if he knew something we didn't. "What will it be? Kool-Aid, milk, water?" He said sarcastically. 

"Water," Scott shouted and pulled money out of his wallet. He handed over the money just as the man handed him the water. Scott saluted the dude then grabbed my hand. 

Scott expertly navigated our way to an empty booth in the corner. I uncapped the bottled water and took a large gulp from it.  

"Are you having fun?" Scott asked, not having to shout over the music anymore. Our booth was out of the way. 

I thought about it for a moment before saying "Honestly? Yeah, I am." I smiled and pulled him in for a tight hug. "Thanks for not ditching me, I finally feel like the old me." I whispered into his neck. He pulled me back a little and smiled. 

"I'm glad you're getting some of your old feelings back, I think you're ready to move on. Don't you think? I know it's only been a few months, but I won't ever let anything hurt you again." He said softly, cupping my face in his large hands. I felt my eyes start to fill up.  

Scott was so sweet at times. I loved him like he was my brother, always protecting me and watching out for me. Maybe he's right and I need to get over what happened but is it that easy? Can I give it a shot? I shot the thoughts down. No it wasn't that easy, at least for me it wasn't. You don't get over something like that in a few months.  

As if Scott read my mind he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Never mind, what a stupid thing to say. Hell I'm not even over it." He rubbed his neck. I could tell he was going to beat himself up over it so I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. 

"It's ok. It just takes some time." I whispered. He sighed and nodded.  

Wanting to make him feel better I hugged him, he hugged back. I got up deciding that the only way to get his mind off of it was to dance.  

I started dancing in front of him and grabbed his hands, I was about to pull him up when a hand come out of nowhere and squeezed my a_s. Freezing I felt my breathing pick up when I heard a voice whisper in my ear. 

"Hey babe, ditch the douche and I can show you a real good time." His hand tried to slip in my dress and images flashed before me. My past coming back and haunting me, flashes of me and Jared. Jared restraining me, Jared's hands creeping up my body, Jared's hands beating me. Before I could scream his arm was flung off of me and I was back in the present.  

Scott held the guy by his collar, his face contorted in anger, when he talked he talked through clenched teeth. 

"Touch her again and you won't live to see tomorrow. I suggest you leave before I kill you for touching my girl." Scott hissed out. He then dropped the guy and gave him a real good kick near the groin. If I wasn't so petrified I would have laughed and winced but I couldn't.  

Tears started to blur my vision and I kept thinking of the accident, the night that ruined my life. As if sensing my distress Scott turned grabbed my hand and dragged me away. I didn't know where we were going but when a door closed and the music was muffled I let it all out. All the tears, all the sobs.  

I clung to Scott, burying my head deep into his chest. Breathing in his familiar musky yet clean smell.  

"I'm so sorry." I said, pulling back a few minutes later and looking at his tear stained shirt. "It wasn't even that bad and yet I'm a complete mess." I said, wiping my tears away. 

"Shh. It's ok; you have nothing to apologize for. It's his fault that douche." Scott muttered a string of curse words. I took a deep breath. 

"I knew it was too soon to go out. I was finally feeling better, and then that guy had to come and ruin it." I said. Scott pulled me close again and hugged me. I allowed him too, feeling my trembling go down and the images wash away. It was easy to forget about what happened when I was with Scott; he made all the bad things go away. I felt so safe and so secure with Scott. Looking around for the first time I saw where he had taken me. The girl's room.