He started climbing out of my window and made his way down, me following him, of course, after throwing a huge tantrum on how I didn't want to go anywhere but just wanted to sleep in my warm and cozy bed.

"Why didn't we use the door?" I hissed as I inspected my scratched elbow.

"It's fun to see you hanging down your window ledge." He pulled his car out of the driveway and started driving onto the empty roads. Weirdly, his car smelt of cinnamon, or maybe it was just his cologne.

"Where are we going?" I asked, turning around in my seat to look at him and resting my back against the closed door. It's always mesmerising to watch him drive his car, swiveling the steering wheel and changing the lanes with utter smoothness.

"On a date."

I looked down at my ninja pajama bottoms and a black oversize t-shirt and then looked at his sweat pants and full-sleeved t-shirt. We were in our nightclothes, it was three in the morning, we were driving to God knows where. I was sure that I heard him right but I doubt he was in his right senses. Maybe he wasn't feeling well and so I touched his forehead to check for his temperature.

"What?" He asked as he briefly glanced at me before concentrating on the road.

"Just checking for your temperature. You seem to be alright." He gave me a confused sideways glance and I took that as a sign to explain further. "I think we should drive back home. If you aren't feeling well then I can drive the car. Oh, maybe it's the lack of sleep that's causing you to say something else, or maybe sleep deprivation is causing me to hear inappropriate things. But whatever it is, I think we should go back and- what the hell, Ethan?" I shrieked as he abruptly stepped onto the brakes and the car jerked forward and came to a halt, making me jump in my seat and hit my head on the roof.

"You are cute when you rant but please keep it down when I'm driving, yeah? I can't just look at your face and drive while you rant. And I know what I said. We are going on a date and no, you didn't hear it wrong."

"But it's three in the morning." I pointed out.

"So? Who said we can't go on a date at this hour?"

"And what about us being in the pajamas? What do you want to say?" I asked knowing very well that he will come up with some reasoning.

"Again, who said we can't go on a date in pajamas?" I opened my mouth to argue but he beat me to it, "Honestly, Leah, I'd rather have you comfortable on a date than getting dressed up. I know how much you hate that."

Somehow, his thoughtfulness warmed my heart and the warmth surged its way through my body as I leaned across the console and kissed his nose.

"I thought I'd be at least getting a peck on the lips." He laughed as I sat back in my seat, buckling myself up again as he resumed his driving.

"No. You woke me up at freaking three." I stuck my tongue out at him and continued watching him drive. Though it sounds creepy, and I probably look like one, I can stare at him like a tool while he smoothly drives his way onto the road.

"Leah, we're here."

"You go ahead. I'll come later."

"Come on, wake up." He shook me by my shoulder and I cracked one eye open only to see him grinning at me from the window of the passenger side. When did I pass out?

"Where are we?" Stretching my limbs, I asked him groggily.

When I looked out the window, all I could see was darkness. That's it.

"I knew I should have driven us back home. You are not feeling well, Ethan. Earlier you said that you are taking me on a date at bloody three in the morning that too in our pajamas. And now you have brought us," I pointed at our surroundings, which, again, was just darkness, "here, at such a place where you could barely," to confirm my doubts, I poked my head out of the window, and yes I was very right, "see your own shadow. Seriously, Ethan, tell me once and for all, how much do you hate me? I mean not as much to bring me here and kill me, right? Then why did-" His lips on mine cut me off my rant as they moved ever so slowly against mine.