Chapter 20

Leah

"Ethan, put that in." 

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Go on. Put that in."

"Is this enough?"

"No, no. More."

"Are you sure you'd be alright?" Ethan asked me.

"Stop talking and do as I say," I ordered.

"Guys, are you even hearing yourselves? It sounds as if you're getting down to dirty." Jordan shuddered with disgust as Ethan and I burst out laughing, the plates in my hands wobbling.

And no, Ethan and I weren't doing the dirty. My hands were occupied with food, so I asked him to add hot sauce to my burger- which tastes amazing, by the way- and that was it. No dirty business.

"My boy. No need to be jealous of her. I'm all yours." Ethan made kissy faces at Jordan and put his arm around his waist. Jordan, too, leaned his head on Ethan's shoulder and sighed.

"I thought I lost you to her." Jordan wiped at his fake tears as he looked up at Ethan. Perfect bromance, if you ask me.

"No baby, you mean so much more to me." Ethan continued as a group of boys passed by, one of them gave Jordan a once-over and he immediately pushed Ethan aside, making him stumble into an elderly woman who caught him by his waist and steadied him also while studying him. 

"What a young hunk you are." The woman stared him from head to toe, her eyes lingering somewhere below his waist. "How about we go to my place and…" she trailed off suggestively whereas Jordan and I trying not to burst out laughing at Ethan's horrified expression.

Poor boy.

"Oh no, miss. My boyfriend is waiting there for me." He jabbed a finger in our direction and Jordan straightened up, all traces of amusement now drained from his face. 

"Damn, I could burn down to ashes by his hotness." She started fanning herself. "You can bring him too. Three can make it work too." She added throwing a wink at Jordan. And that did it for me. I turned away from the trio, stuffed my fist in my mouth, and started laughing till my insides hurt and tears streamed down my face.

I don't even want to think what this woman was implying, neither do I want to imagine the boys' reaction to it.

Wiping my tears, I turned around to see the boys pleading at me to save their asses from the woman who clearly wants to use these boys as her toys for tonight. 

"Okay boys, " I went over to them and placed my hands on each of their shoulders, "let's do something fun."

The woman looked at me with a scowl on her face as if I'd ran away with her husband. 

"What do you have in mind?" Ethan whispered and his adam apple bobbed up and down as he gulped. Hot hot hot.

I looked at him with a smirk and then at Jordan as I yelled "run" and took off and sprinted away, laughing my ass off, at how ridiculous I must have been looking.

I turned around to see the woman chasing after me but those buffoons were still rooted in their place with their jaws hanging down their faces. 

Didn't they know when someone says 'run' they have to make use of their legs to move, going faster than a walk? 

And one of them was on the school track team, for crying out loud!

I increased my pace and turned around the corner, and started running back towards the boys again.