𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

Disclaimer:
I've seen a lot of ppl comment about how they're losing to Karasuno n stuff; so, I came to clarify. This takes place during the interhigh tournament—not the spring tournament. The Karasuno boys beat Aoba Johsai in the Spring tournament. 
Okay, thanks. ❤️ enjoy!

"Can you stop shaking your legs like that?" Oikawa asks as he watches you nervously moving in your seat.

The team was currently on their way to the Sendai City Gymnasium for Interhigh-Preliminaries and you just happened to be seated next to Oikawa since Makki and Mastu arranged the seats to be like that.

"I-I can't," you stutter and look out the window, "this is my very first game of any sport." You make sure to whisper the last part to Oikawa as he hesitantly laughs.

Ever since his talk with Hime, he had become a bit awkward with you since he was now aware of his feelings for you. There was a huge difference between his feelings for you and Hime though. With you, a wave of nervousness would hit him and his confidence would slightly plumish. However, you needed him at that moment and he knew he had to push those feelings aside.

"You'll do fine, F/n-chan," he whispers to you with seriousness in his voice, "you've worked hard and improved very quickly. I trust in you."

Just those simple words were enough to put you at ease and even fire you up.

"Thanks, Oikawa-san. I'll do my best!" You cutely pump your fists which causes Oikawa to blush and turn away.

'How can she be so cute?' he internally screams.

Upon reaching the gym, Aoba Johsai packs all of their bags and starts heading in with you leading the group. The nerves start coming again as many eyes fall on the rulers of the court.

"Kwahhh! It's Oikawa-san!"

"Oikawa-san, can we take a picture?"

With a straight face, you cover your mouth and ignore everyone.

"Ehh? Is Oikawa trying to hide his face from all of the eyes?"

"Is he getting shy?"

"No way; Oikawa never does."

Makki and Mattsu speak among themselves with the underclassmen.

On the other hand...

'I think I'm going to puke,' you cry as you tightly zip your mouth from behind your hand. Before you can go on, Hime appears before you. "Oh, Ume-chan. Don't you have class right now?" you force yourself to speak.

She shyly rubs her nape and blushes.

"I thought it'd be nice to cheer for you guys on the first day; so I skipped class," Hime thoughtfully answers as you gratefully nod.

"You mean to cheer on Oikawa," Makki lightly coughs to Oikawa who lightly smacks him to 'shut up.'

"Thanks Ume-chan, but next time you shouldn't skip class. See you later." You politely bow then leave her behind with the team.

Before Oikawa can walk past Hime, she stops him.

"Why are you ignoring me, F/n?" she asks Oikawa who sweats. He didn't really understand himself why he was avoiding her; she didn't do anything wrong.

"I-I," Oikawa stutters then sighs. "I'm sorry if it seemed like I was, Ume-chan. I'm not entirely sure either," he ends up confessing. In a comforting matter, Hime places a hand on his shoulder.

"If it's about what I said the other day; I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or as if I was threatening you, F/n," she apologizes as she scratches her cheek. "I guess I kind of found you as a threat."