𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈

As you and Hime are walking side by side, it gets awkward.

'What should I say? Oikawa wouldn't be awkward when talking to Ume. This is his chance to get her to like him! I need to do what a good friend would do!' you think to yourself as you play with your fingers. 'Well... Maybe I can just be myself and she'll be comfortable; I haven't talked to her in a long time anyway. I miss my best friend.'

"How have you been lately, Ume-chan? We haven't talked for a while." Playing with the hem of her bag, Ume blushes.

'The last time we talked was when I was crying, haha,' she thinks to herself before answering. "I've been doing a lot better. I wish we could've talked more but I was busy with studying and classroom rep stuff."

'She wants to talk to Oikawa?? Is she starting to like him?!' Feeling your heart drop a bit, you shake yourself to get rid of the uncomfortable tense in your body.

"Is something wrong, Oikawa?"

"Huh? Oh no. Sorry, just felt a sudden chill, haha," you make an excuse as you both finally enter the ice cream shop. 'A gentleman would pay for the ice cream; so I'll do just that.' When you both get to the counter, you turn to Hime and give her Oikawa's killer smile. "I'll pay for the ice creams; just choose the flavors you want."

DOKI DOKI

'I never realized how beautiful his smile was.' Hime blushes and averts eye contact with you. "N-no. I can pay, Oikawa--"

"I insist, Ume-chan. It's no worries." You put a hand on her shoulder which gives her shivers. 'Because Oikawa would do it,' you think.

"F-fine then... Thank you, Oikawa." Once you both get your ice creams, you both decide to enjoy the desserts at the park that you saw Hime crying that one night. "Y-you're not going to ask me about Ushijima and my relationship?" Hime asks as you stop yourself from taking a bite.

"Well, it's not really any of my business and I thought that whenever you're ready to tell me, you would," you honestly answer which causes Hime's heart to skip a beat.

'How does he always know what to say? He's so understanding under all of that silliness and popularity,' she happily thinks to herself and smiles. "I'm sorry for being so rude to you in the beginning, Oikawa," she suddenly says.

"H-huh?" You turn to her.

"Well... It's been on my mind for a while and I never had the chance to apologize," Hime confesses and stares at her hands. 'I was afraid you'd stop liking me if you realized how rude I was to you in the beginning of our relationship, Oikawa... I'm really starting to like you now!' she finishes in her head.

"It's no worries, Ume-chan. I was pretty annoying anyway," you respond as you think about how annoying Oikawa was.

"Haha, no you weren't! Maybe if I was a bit nicer... we could've gotten closer." Your eyes widen.

'Does she like Oikawa?' The question echoes in your brain uncomfortably. "W-well... it's never too late to get close again," you force yourself to say and almost choke.  'For Oikawa.'

"Really?! I'm really glad to hear that," Hime sighs in relief. 'I still have a chance. I need to tell F/n about the news! I'm pretty sure she'll be so surprised to hear it but she should know Oikawa more than I do, so I need to ask her about him!'

"We should be getting home, Ume-chan. I'll walk you home," you try to cheerfully say even though your mood was stormy. After walking her home, you drag your feet back to Oikawa's house. 'Why do I feel so tired and down?' you ask yourself until you get inside the house.

"I'm back home," you quietly say.

"Welcome home, Tooru! We're just about to eat!" Mr. Oikawa greets when he sees you enter the door.

"Okay, dad. I'm just going to change really quickly," you say and as you're walking towards Oikawa's room, the bathroom door opens revealing Oikawa.

"Oh, you're home," Oikawa says as you quietly nod. "How was ice cream with Ume-chan?" he curiously asks as you walk past him.

"It was good," you plainly reply.

"What'd y'all talk about?"

"Um... She just apologized for being so mean to you in the beginning and that's practically it." You shrug and open Oikawa's door. "I'm going to change." When you finish changing, you look in Oikawa's mirror and sigh. 'I should tell him I think Ume likes him... he'd be so happy,' you think to yourself before leaving to have dinner with Oikawa's family. Once dinner is finished, you walk Oikawa home like usual.

"Hey, F/n-chan," Oikawa calls out.

"Hmm?"

"What kind of guys are you into?" he randomly decides to ask which surprises you.

"Um... I'm not really sure..." you honestly reply and think to yourself. "Probably someone who loves me for me, including all of my flaws and my weird hobbies or personality... Someone who will love me as much as I love them and acknowledges--I guess--how hard I try to make them happy." Oikawa nods in response. Now it's awkward between you both.

"Aren't you going to ask me?" he pouts as you sweat drop.

"W-well... I thought you'd just say Ume-chan, so that's why I didn't ask." You play with your fingers as his eyes widen. He didn't know how to respond. Yeah, he did like Hime--at least he thinks he still does--but he wasn't satisfied with answering with Hime's name as the kind of girl he was into.

"WELL! I'm into a girl who also acknowledges the hard work I put into things, like volleyball!" he decides to answer before looking at the cement. "I would also like it if she would also accept me for me and my stubbornness for practicing volleyball while being caring," he finishes as you attentively nod.

"I think Ume-chan would do all of that," you hesitantly comment which doesn't help Oikawa feel any better. In fact, it got him a bit frustrated.

"Well, I'm home," he emotionlessly says before unlocking the door and quickly turning around. "Goodnight, F/n-chan," he bids and closes the door before you can bid goodnight.

"What's wrong with him?" You purse your lips before sighing and dragging yourself back home. "Why do I feel so down today?" On the other hand, Oikawa couldn't understand why he felt so frustrated.

"What's wrong with me? Why did I get mad at F/n-chan?" Suddenly, he hears a ring from your phone and looks to see who it is.

From Mom:

We are coming home this weekend. We saw what you said to your counselor and need to discuss some things with you.

Oikawa's eyes widened before facepalming himself.

"SHOOT! I messed up!"

A/N:

Happy birthday to our talented baby, Oikawa Tooru! 🎉💗💋

Date: 20 July 2020