Final Chapter - The Everlasting Love

Recap from Chapter 16:

At the helipad floor, the gusts of winds were so strong that Eon Jin and Na-eun could barely keep their eyes open.

The rescue helicopter had just landed and a stretcher was wheeled out.

~ end of recap

Na-eun wheeled Eon Jin towards the stretcher, as the latter cried, "Kim Tae Pyung!"

The man on the stretcher turned towards the call for his name. As much as he wanted to get up to greet his sweetheart, was too weak to do so.

"Hush, Eon Jin, I'm okay," his consolatory words were drowned in her sobs, which aggrieved his heart more than the injuries he sustained from the mission.

"Why ain't you getting up? Are you very hurt?"

The female doctor, who was in charge of Tae Pyung, had to cut the couple's catch up aversely, "Deputy Director Son, I'm Marine Sergeant First Class Kim Tae Pyung's doctor in charge, as well as yours. I assure you that he will be fine if we proceed with immediate treatment. And Miss Son, I would like to remind you that you are a patient yourself and need rest now."

"Dr Seo Ji Hye, we have prepared the operating theatre just in case," a surgical nurse reported to the female doctor

The medical team wheeled Tae Pyung away for treatment hurriedly.

"Unnie, you heard Dr Seo, let's get you back to your room. It's too chilly here," Na-eun wheeled Eon Jin back to her ward to turn in for the night.

Over at Tae Pyung's side, scans were ongoing. After the X-rays came in showing no crack in his bones, the anaesthesiologist assessed and gave local anaesthesia. Dr Seo and her team began to clean up Tae Pyung's wounds, treat the inflammation and sewed a few stitches for his calf.

"Jab him with antibiotics to bring his temperature down. Give him the heated blanket as he has lost body heat. Monitor that his condition has stabilised for an hour, before wheeling him to the ward. I'll go on my rounds later to check if we need to give antibiotics via the IV drip."