Chapter 11 - The Tender Secret

Recap from Chapter 10:

The couple sat together and watched their mini campfire dancing in the chilly night. The silence sparked the replay of the dynamic, intense emotions from earlier the day. Instinctively, Eon Jin sensed her beau's angst and turned to see a tearful face. ~ end of recap

"Boyfriend, I know it's been a hard day, but if you're crying like this, you will make me cry too," Eon Jin almost choked on her snivels.

"I thought I lost you, when you dropped into the other side of the canal, when you lost consciousness due to hypothermia," Tae Pyung held onto her hands and said.

"Did my Eomeoni say something to you?" Eon Jin knew that their earlier conversation could be a trigger to her lover's sensitive outburst.

"I want to marry you and have a child who looks like you. I want to see you with gray hair and wrinkles. I want to see you grow old. But I regret greatly that I procrastinated because of my mere inferior complexity."

That was a weak side of Tae Pyung which Eon Jin never saw. He went on to reveal the deepest wound in his soul ever.

Tae Pyung overheard her mother remark about his non-existent parents many years ago. He always put up a strong frontage, when he was with Eon Jin, but never felt "up to snuff" to take their relationship to the next level. He also had no clue what was marriage like and hesitated. Yet little he knew that Eon Jin's parents had so much faith in him.

"Hush Boyfriend, I am also at fault for not wanting to settle down. I didn't know I mean so much to you to the extent you fear losing me every moment. I didn't know your qualms about marriage. I might have felt your apprehensiveness at times but chose to brush them off, because I thought we were both focusing on our careers."

Eon Jin held onto the tearful face as she tried to soothe the angsts away gently. She hugged him snugly as if to reassure her presence. 

"Yes, I do, Kim Tae Pyung, my answer to your proposal," she whispered into his ear

After the weepy confession, the two turned in for the night. Eon Jin texted Chief Executive, Mr Ji Jin Hee, of her progress and Na-eun of her wellbeing.