Chapter 4 - The Mission Brief

Recap from Chapter 3:

The fact was a solider like Tae Pyung who had gone through unforgiving military regime could push on for an entire week. Unfortunately, it was not the case for his civilian sweetheart. He was tasked to bring the love of his life and a VIP engineer to his city to execute a complex mission. She could not be too drained to perform the actual assignment, when she reached the destination.

Eon Jin, on the other hand, was blatantly reminded of her beau's physically demanding career. He always put on a comedic but clumsy act to gain her empathy, because she was always too focused on the task at hand.

"Permission granted, Sergeant First Class."

She pulled Tae Pyung closer and kissed him deeply, as she ruffled through his soft silky hair. ~ end of recap.

Eon Jin pulled away from their kiss gently, still looking at Tae Pyung. As usual, she was cool and quick to apologise, as long as she agreed it was her oversight.

"Sorry boyfriend. You know I'm always too driven by the job in front of me."

"Fortunately, my superintendent is not so much of a tyrant like you."

She poked him on his funny spot jokingly, "Too bad your boss assigned you to me. So it's my call."

Tae Pyung straightened himself and gave Eon Jin a perfect salutation playfully, which earned him another round of tickling punishments. The frostiness in her hands brushed against his skin.

He jolted at the contact and his brows knitted.

Suddenly, he pulled her into a tight embrace possessively.

It worried Tae Pyung much that the wet suit was preventing him from feeling Eon Jin's body temperature

That needed close monitoring, so that she would not go into hypothermia, he reminded himself.

He traced her icy cheeks, now pale and flushed out of its earlier rosiness from the run, with the back of his warm hand.

"Promise me that you'll raise a flag if you're not feeling well. It's frustrating that I can't feel your warmth through this suit."

"Are you trying to get a piece of me even in this situation?"

"I'm serious, baby. Please."

She nodded reluctantly. He could tell her unwilling agreement, but at least he brought across the point.

"Sergeant First Class Kim Tae Pyung, please allow me to run through the route again for the next preparations."

"Yes madam!"

From Tae Pyung and Eon Jin's position, there was a 10km trekking on dry land till they hit wet zones. Along the way, they had to check the weather for possibility of flash floods.