𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Magsimula sa umpisa

-

i woke up early that morning. my things packed last night into 3 large trunks.
i had arranged the travel at almost midnight with the staff at the home. they were saddened to see me leave however i assured them that i would return. this was my place.

i hoped up into the carriage.
i looked back into my Italian paradise for the last time in a while.
i looked to my side where a basket of fruits sat, i smiled, my staff were the best.

-

i woke up after a rough nights sleep.
it had been a long journey. the past 6 days i'd barely slept, my short journeys across Italy were never like this.
i looked from the window and smiled. i was finally here. i was in the city of romance. i was back with my friends.

"Sir, do you know the time?" i asked the house man through the small window for our commutation.
"8:00 am sharp," he smiled,
"thank you sir," i nodded. 2 hours, 2 hours and i'd be reunited with my friends.

we got to the town house which i was residing in for my stay, it was once owned by my great uncle however he greatly left it to me in his will once he passed.
i had stayed here only once before however the live in staff greatly took care of the home.

i fell back onto my bed and smiled,
i was excited not only to see my friends but to also allow myself to appreciate the beauty of the city. the clock on my wall ticked away as i readied myself for the meeting. it was soon time for my short carriage ride to La Procope.

-

i walked through the doors and looked around. that's when i saw three more than familiar faces. "Blair" i heard Manon shout leading the three girls to run to me and crush me with their embraces.
"i have missed you all ever so much," i smiled to the group. "as have we," Tessa smiled, "i'm not sure of that, you are quite annoying," Nikki joked however she was the one who confirmed to hug me tightly after the others had let go.

we situated ourselves at our table and all began to catch up. i had found out that Manon and Enzo had moved to a small cottage near by the outskirts of Paris and had plans to grow a family. Tessa and Jo had ventured across England and eventually settled in the Moore's of Yorkshire. Nikki had travelled across the islands of Greece and began her own schooling system in which she teaches the children of the island important life skills.
i was more than proud of them all.
they really had done so well for themselves. i wouldn't expect anything less from any of them.

a waiter soon came to us with a letter.
"this came to the door," he smiled passing me the letter, the girls all giggled due to them telling the that when i entered the building that the young man showed a liking to me, but i wasn't interested.
"thank you sir" i said taking the envelope.
"a letter, addressed to us all, who knew we'd be here at this time," i said, the girls all shrugged, "i told a few people," Tessa said, "me too," Manon shrugged, "as did i," Nikki nodded. "can't say the same for myself," i said.

"i'll read," Tessa said taking the letter from my hands. we all looked at her face for an initial reaction, however for once in her life it was almost unreadable.
"come on," Nikki said dying from the anticipation. Tessa just looked shocked,
"hurry up," Manon smiled, she seemed to be just as impatient as Nikki.
"it's a wedding invitation," Tessa said, her voice low. "who? the last wedding we all attended wasn't exactly the best for us all," i joked. "Amy, Amy is getting married," Tessa said not looking to Nikki.