lolita

"calum this is ridiculous. can't we just go see a movie or something?

moms gonna find out you took me to a stupid college party." olivia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "look. mom wanted us out while the house is being painted, i had plans already so now your stuck with me."

olivia mentally cursed milo for being busy tonight with family. she huffed and leaned back in the car seat. olivia messed with the hem of her overalls and yellow tank top combo, muttering angrily how he didn't even let her change. "i'm sure julia, lukes friend is gonna be there. hang out with her it'll be fine."

olivias ears perked up at the name 'luke'. she was still embarrassed from their last encounter, not wanting to face him again. olivia remained quiet as they pulled up to the large house. olivias stomach turned, remembering the last party she went to.

"calum i don't know about this, what if something happens?"

calum rolled his eyes and lifted his pinky to olivia. "i promise nothing bad will happen." olivia latched her pinky with his and they got out of the hummer. olivia shyly walked behind calum, weird looks were thrown her way. probably towards the out of place nature of her clothes.

olivia walked into the large frat house. calum high fived a few people and guided olivia to a room in the back. it quieted down as they traveled further back. "stay here ok? i'll come get you around 11?" olivia nodded as calum left the room, whispering a quick note to some of the people in the room. most likely telling them to keep an eye on olivia.

she sat in the room uncomfortably as people chatted around her. this sucks, olivia thought to herself, bored out of her mind. she looked around, everyone was either intensely chattering or too drunk to notice as olivia slip out of the room.

she moved past the crowds of people, clutching her fuzzy purple backpack to her chest. she stepped out of the front door, passing a couple making out and a group of guys throwing a vase.

she sat down under a well established tree and pulled out her book. olivia set her head on her knees, reading the book slowly, enjoying the way the cool grass felt on her exposed thighs.

"this feels familiar."

olivia startlingly looked up to see luke looking down at her. he was referring to the first time they had met, not even a month ago. olivia sheepishly smiled and set down her book. "why are you here?" luke said bluntly, seeming as though the little girl wasn't even enjoying the party.

"cal dragged me along." olivia whispered shyly. "i don't much like parties either. i'd rather drink alone." luke scratched the back of his head, trying to be somewhat open with olivia. she frowned at the slightly sad remark.

"would you like to sit with me?" olivia boldly asked patting the grass.

luke hesitantly weighed his options. he could get completely shitfaced and hook up with a very pretty girl by the end of the night, or he could sit with olivia, the annoying little sister of calum hood. he sighed, "yeah..sure. only for a minute." luke awkwardly sat down, letting his legs dangle out, unable to sit crisscrossed comfortably like olivia.

luke made an effort to try to be nice to olivia but a small effort at best. he intently and quietly watched as olivia picked at the tiny wild flowers.

"the only difference between weeds and flowers is the label. weeds can be beautiful too." olivia blurted out, mostly to herself. luke furrowed his eyebrows at the remark. "weeds are bad for the soil." luke responded grumbly. "your looking at it wrong. you've gotta be optimistic." olivia looked up at luke innocently.

he chuckled at her stubbornness. "optimism isn't helpful olivia. it won't get you very far." she huffed, throwing the flowers away from her.

"first of all it's liv and second of all don't you ever get tired of being so grumpy?"

luke was taken aback at how blunt and honest she was. he liked that about olivia. "i guess i'm just not interested in ridiculous banter, olivia." it frustrated olivia that luke still wasn't very fond of her. instead of arguing, she remained silent, leaning her head on her knees once more. luke rubbed his eyes and sighed, "look liv. i'm sorry." he cleared his throat uncomfortably. "it's okay." she whispered.

they sat there in silence for a while. enjoying the quiet breeze of the night. muffled music played in the background. it was nice. enjoyable, even. olivia thought. this was the first time she didn't feel uncomfortable with luke. not the way she did in his car or his apartment, wanting to be anywhere else but there.

it was calm and simple.

luke felt the same, liking the girl much better with her mouth shut.

olivia picked up her book again, flipping through the pages, luke itched to ask her about it but didn't want to ruin the quiet evening. he strained his neck slightly to see the cover, lolita. he chuckled at the title.

"aren't you a bit young for that kind of book?" luke joked. olivia sheepishly smiled, "okay no i'm 17, and the librarian recommended it, it's actually really good! hard to read around my parents though, gets kinda risky at some parts." liv shivered at the thought.

she was never the type for taboo, it made her uncomfortable and embarrassed. the subject of sex made olivia queazy. luke thought back to highschool, having to read that book in the 12th grade. he wondered what a book like that did to someone as innocent as olivia. he was sure to ask her how she felt once she was finished, or maybe...not.

"olivia! i told you to wait in the back! i've been looking everywhere for you!"

they were interrupted by cal frantically yelling at the small girl. luke stood up, calum furrowed his eyebrows at the sight but brushed it off. "i-i'm sorry cal, i lost track of time. i just needed some quiet." calum sighed, "it's fine olivia i just got nervous but we gotta get home. moms freaking out." he gripped lukes shoulder as a formal hello. luke nodded and returned the gesture. olivia rolled her eyes at the awkward exchange, men were so weird with affection.

olivia brushed herself off and began following calum but stopping briefly, turning back. "bye luke." she smiled softly, waving a small hand in his direction. luke cleared his throat,

"bye liv."

_______________________
it's been so long omg i'm so sorry😭 but i'm back with many new chapters and will try to post them sooner than later!!!