hopless romantic

"livy, he's single and he asked you to the party, you!! you've had a crush on james since grade 7 babe."

milo sat at the counter of the coffee house olivia worked for, messing with the sugar packets. she didn't even need a job, her parents provided the comfort she needed, it was just something to do. olivia swatted his hand away causing him to scowl. "you know i don't like parties, i don't even like drinking. plus james is popular and has to have a motive." liv sighed thinking of the extremely hot football player before shaking it off and wiping down a table as milo followed her.

"would you go if i went with you? this was our last year and you didn't go to a single party." milo pouted. olivia knew he was right, she didn't want to look back and regret having a lesser highschool experience.

"fine."

milo clapped and gave her a hug before her manager came out and grumbled at the two.

***

"how's this?" olivia turned around grinning at the pretty outfit. she wore a soft peach drape skirt with a white lace tank top and her classic mary janes. "you look cute livy."

milo touched the tip of her nose, knowing she was waaaay too stubborn to wear the little black dress he had got for her at her 17th birthday last year. she could tell what he was thinking, "it's too tight milo, you know i'm self conscious." liv pouted and milo sighed.

"i know i know, let's go."

he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, she left a note on the fridge for her mom before leaving swiftly.

***

"mhm, yeah...oh that's cool! mhm, yes i loved that outfit." olivia sat next to james on a dirty old couch, uncomfortably shoved against the edge of the couch as he talked her ear off. milo was off somewhere charming some guy he met earlier on.

"hey..you wanna come see my book collection?" olivia's ears perked up at the sound, something she was actually interested in. maybe this night wasn't a total bust, she smiled to herself as james grabbed her hand and leaded her upstairs.

olivia forrowed her eyebrows as people high-fived james as they walked up the stairs together, confusing olivia. he opened his door, livs heart deflated seeing the so called 'collection' of books he had.

a small wooden shelf sat against the wall, 10 books at most sat on the shelf, the rest filled with pictures and magazines.

she turned as he shut the door behind her, realizing why so many people congratulated him up the stairs. not wanting to be impolite, olivia smiled weakly as james touched her check. he began kissimg her neck sloppily, causing olivia to grimace and push away slightly.

"james, i-i don't want this..i didn't know thats why you invited me." olivia looked at the ground rubbing her arms. "what did you think was gonna happen, the little virgins gotta get deflowered eventually." he smirked and tilted her head back, causing her to wince. "stop! james no..i'm not, i'm not ready for that. i barely know you." james sighed sitting on the bed, bringing olivia down with him. "look i promise i'll treat you right babe, just let me take care of you." he smiled, leaning in to kiss her.

olivia did the only thing she could think to do, put her hands up blocking his sloppy kisses, hitting him in the nose accidently. "what the fuck! why else would i have invited you, fucking prude! you dress all nice, you came to one of my parties. do you know how many girls would die to get with me? you're a joke."

tears pricked at olivias eyes as he scoffed and slammed the door, causing her to jump back slightly. she sniffled, shakily pulling out her phone, clicking on calums contact info. "hey cal? c-can you come get me? yeah..yeah i'll send you the directions. no i-i'm okay please just come get me."

olivia's body shook as she hung up the phone.

she shakily walked down the stairs, avoiding eye contact with those who briefly stared at her. olivia slipped out the front door, sitting on the grass. it was the same thing always. olivia wanted love, she wanted compassion, yet every male interaction she had ever had went something along the lines of the events that took place in james room. she waited for her brother, unable to hold the hurt in much longer.

calum pulled up, getting out and opening the door for olivia. she got in and he patted her back softly. olivia began to cry, calum just drove and let her get the emotions out.

olivia was a romantic in a world full of hatred, she felt hopeless.

__________

hey guys! wooooo im staying on scedule with posting hehe. i hope you guys enjoy this sorta short chapter, they will get much longer after this one! thank you for reading and dont forget to vote and comment! <3