Chapter 4

TW// minor violence and attempted harrassment

If you wanna start a fight

You better throw the first punch

Make it a good one

And if ya wanna make it through the night

You better say my name like

The good, the bad, and the dirty

The Good, The Bad, and The Dirty, Panic! At the Disco

Seokjin and Namjoon arrived promptly at the manor.

Ignoring the bows of the servants when they spotted them, they moved hastily upstairs to have their anticipated conversation in secrecy. It was not safe outside, they knew that the open space and buildings that are quite distant to each other are surrounded by trees which make silence a very prominent sound. No matter how low and soft your voice is, if other beings like them are lurking around their territory and are at proximity, they can easily hear what you say as its maximize by ten-fold.

Another thing, Seokjin even became wary inside of his manor which he blames on the reality of having servants. Even though he deed them as loyal, and treachery is not within their vocabulary, he can never be too cautious. Remembering how his mother told him that the falling apart of affiliation will always be caused by betrayal. He had also witnessed different occasions because of greed, hatred, lust, envy, and so on. It all ended up in the same thing, betrayal. It's the main reason, how he ended up like this.

The only place that they could feel secure conversing about the sensitive matters is his room, where everything had been placed. Like a small abode, it consisted of an office, bedroom, meeting room, bathroom, and even kitchen. Mostly they conduct meetings in his chamber, to keep the confidentiality of the sensitive matters.

When both of them have settled, he inclined Namjoon to speak about his discoveries.

"Hyung. I'll get straight to the point, the crown had been divided into three parts." Namjoon instigated. Seokjin's eyes slightly widened, surprised at the sudden findings of the younger. "I went to a mansion, magic was subtle but it was there. Inside were tens of portrait, the most noticeable is the portrait of a young woman − its Eirini." Seokjin continued to listen to Namjoon, mildly astonished by how he recognizes that it was the Eirini even though he hadn't seen her. "Then, she had this pendant on her neck, with a blue gemstone in the middle of it. –

"Are you certain?" Seokjin inquired. "I'm in no way, accusing you of faking your discoveries but I wanted to make sure where you weren't acting on mere assumptions."

"N-No Hyung, it's just that −" Countenance morphing into reluctance, a sigh expelled from his lips. "I-I had some help." Seokjin though doubtful about the assistance urged him to continue. "An old acquaintance of mine had found the book, but... is now ashes," Seokjin observed how the other gulped unconsciously, beads of sweat forming on his temples but he remained silent. "The book states that the gem will only reveal themselves to the heir. "