CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Distraction.

A thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.

That's how I feel whenever I see you.

Your presence fills my empty soul with warmth, almost to the point where I can't even fathom your existence—

"What a ghastly letter." A snippy voice spoke from behind, causing Cecile to jump and hug the piece of paper to her chest. She should've known it would be dangerous to read a personal letter in the middle of the Great Hall. Cecile knew some students were able to mind their business but there were others who were nosy enough to practically read the entire thing over her shoulder.

Cecile glanced behind her to find both Blaise and Draco standing behind her. Blaise, she wasn't too surprised to see, but it was Draco's presence that caused a questioning look to appear on her face. The blond raised a brow unimpressively while gesturing to the paper, "Gotten yourself a love letter, Dempsey? S'not even Valentines yet."

"It's not a love letter."

"Sure, and I'm a bloody Niffler." Draco rolled his eyes and snatched the paper from her hands while reading it over, "This is the stupidest shit I've ever read."

"Oh, and you can do better?" Cecile sighed and snatched the letter back before folding it up, "Do you usually read people's stuff over their shoulder, Malfoy? Not very gentlemen of you."

"Who ever said I was a gentleman?"

"Well, I sure as hell didn't."

"Okay you two." Blaise sighed while rubbing his forehead tiredly. From that action alone, Cecile could tell he was in the midst of a hangover and their little bickering possibly made it worse. He nudged Draco away, "You go, I'll be there in a minute."

"You sure you want me to leave you with her? You've already been influenced enough." Draco narrowed his eyes on Cecile and she did the same.

The two kept glaring at each other and Blaise noticed, groaning, "Malfoy!"

The blond scoffed and strutted off towards the Slytherin table which was just next to the Ravenclaw table. Even as he sat down, Cecile could still see him in her line of vision and they continued to exchange glares towards each other until Blaise snapped his fingers in front of her face, "Oi, stop acting like children!"

"Yes, Dad." Cecile mocked teasingly before grinning up at him. She reached into her robes and took out a small potion and handed it to Blaise, "I made this for you, ya know, since you had such a wild night last night." Blaise took the potion with a questioning gaze, "Stuff for your hangovers. I always used to make them for Roger after his break up with Cho. Dude, you should've been there, it was not pretty. And it was bad enough that they lived in the same house—"

Blaise kissed her cheek and grinned, "You're a fucking angel, Cece."

"I mean I know but you also didn't let me finish my story—"

"Love, we were all fortunate enough to witness multiple breakups in your house, I think I get the picture."

"Oh, you're one to talk! What about the many thrilling shags in your house, hmm? The four Hufflepuffs from fourth year. The two Slytherins from sixth year—at the same time!" Blaise's face turned red as Cecile nodded, "Mhmm, one thing you ought to know, Zabini, is that girls talk."

The Slytherin cleared his throat and patted her head, "Nice talking to you, Cece."

Cecile grinned as Blaise was leaving to join his table, "You're still sitting with me in Potions, right?"