"Whatever. Just make sure he doesn't talk to Lauren before he's made his choice." Dan walked up to me and saw my expression, realizing I heard every word. "OK. We need to sort this out. You are going to come down to the station with me, and then we are getting you to a therapist." I thought of Linda, and started looking forward to seeing her. It would take my mind off this bipolar nonsense for a while. I may not even have it anyway.

***

The fine for my crime was $5000, which Lucifer offered to pay. I let him, but was determined to pay him back. I was let off easy on mental health charges. Dan stayed by me the whole time. I don't think he trusted me to let me out of his sight anymore. It wasn't until we were about to leave that Dan asked the question he had been thinking of for a while. "Were you the one that caught that murderer?" I nodded slowly, not wanting to get into more trouble for assault. Again. "Nice job."

I told Dan about Linda, and he drove me there soon after the problem was fixed. He walked me to her door, and only left once I was inside the office with Linda. He thanked her and told me to contact him when I was done. I didn't know what to make of him. I wasn't his problem, why was he being so protective and parenty. Sure we had known each other practically my whole life, and he understood my side of the story, and he had helped me whenever I got in trouble, and was the only one who realized that the recent crime wasn't just having fun, and he... Okay, I see it now.

"Welcome back so soon, Lauren." I smiled back at her. Dan had explained the situation and said that Linda was going to do some tests to see if I did indeed have bipolar, and advise me on how to deal with it if I did. She asked me questions about my feelings, and certain scenarios I had been through lately.

She told me to explain my thought process before I left Lucifer's. After an hour, she diagnosed me and I was actually shocked, despite the fact that I had been trying to prepare myself this entire time for bad news.

"Now bipolar is a tricky disorder to deal with. Anything could trigger a mood change and we need to be ready for when that happens. What some people prefer to do, is have an adult to stay with you at all times, so they can help you if you get really bad. You said you bonded more with Lucifer and he said he was ready to be your father?"

"Yes, but Dan wasn't so sure today. And Lucifer was talking about how I was a weakness, and how I was a pawn sent to manipulate him." Linda sighed. "Yes, he does have an issue with his own father manipulating him. But he may be a good choice to be someone you stay with to keep you safe." I nodded, dreading the conversation when he found out he may have to do that.

"Another way to keep your emotions under control is using stress techniques, like using toys and fidget things to get your mind off it. Or writing a journal to get your emotions out on paper." I nodded along with her, trying to keep up with the techniques and trying to remember them.

"And the detective told me about your record so I would advise not committing any crimes for a while as that seemed like your go to for stress relief." Also I shouldn't be doing that anyway. But I actually agreed with that point. It was the first thing I did after feeling super mad.

The therapy lasted another half hour, before Dan came to pick me up to talk to Lucifer. "Hey Dan. Can you stay with me when I talk to Lucifer?" His smile was more reassuring than anything I had ever seen. "Of course Lauren. And just tell me if you want to leave."

Lucifer was sitting at the piano with a drink on top. He was playing a song I had never heard before, and stopped to grab his drink when he saw us. "What's detective Douche doing here?" I felt Dan tense at the comment and I rolled my eyes at Lucifer's maturity. "What did the doctor say about the bipolar thing?"

I sighed and grabbed a drink from the bar before it was snatched by Dan. "Yes, she does have bipolar. And someone needs to keep an eye on her at all times to help her if she gets low again" Lucifer came to take the whiskey bottle off Dan to pour another drink. "Great, have fun you two."

I sighed and stepped forward. "Actually, I was wondering if you would do it." His eyes widened in shock. "Me? *sigh* Yes, yes, fine." He didn't sound super pleased. Great, now I was stuck with him thinking he was stuck with me.

***

The car ride to Lucifer's work was boring and silent. He broke the silence a few times but I never gave more than one word answers. He arrived at the police department. "Alright, do you think you can stay in the car for an hour?" I glanced my eyes up slowly. He can't be serious. "Can't be alone, remember."

He nodded and left so I followed. I was given a seat near Chloe's desk, and went on my phone till it was flat. It was only then that I looked up to see Lucifer and Chloe were gone. Nice of him to tell me. I decided to explore a bit, ignoring Dan's insistence not to go into any file rooms. I was walking down an empty corridor, when a familiar blonde woman walked around the corner.

It was that lady he talked to that night I went to the bar. "You were at Lux the other night weren't you?" She stops to look at me and smiles. "Yes, I'm a... friend of Lucifer's. How did you know that? I didn't think smaller humans were allowed in bars?" Humans? Who was this woman? I stared at her, trying to see what emotions were in her face.

Using my empathic skills, I saw confusion, interest and... Love. But not lust. The kind of love between a child and their... "You're his mother, aren't you?" This statement caused her face to twist in surprise. "How did you know that?" I smiled. "Well it's nice to meet you. I can see the love you have for your son."

"I can use empathic telepathy and tell people's emotions. I got it from my dad. Who happens to be your son." Her surprised look before, was nothing compared to now. "That's impossible." Yes. And that's why I'm standing here now. I allowed myself to show her my flaming eyes and smiled. "So that means I'm your grandchild."

She smiles and puts her hand out. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you. I must say. This is quite a shock to me. Lucifer is the last person I imagined to have a child." Yeah. So I've heard. "I'm Lauren." I said, taking her hand and giving it a firm shake. This earned a pleased look of respect from my grandmother. I think she approved of me."

I heard footsteps, and whirled around to see Lucifer. "Lauren. I told you to stay put. Mum?" I scoffed. "No you didn't. You left me by myself. The one thing you were told not to do. And yes, I have now met your mother." Lucifer went speechless for a second. "Yes, well, we need to go. The detective reminded me that I need to take you along with us."

Of course he needed reminding. I don't know what I was expecting but I kind of hoped that he wouldn't have forgotten me almost immediately. I waved goodbye to the woman I had learned her name was Charlotte. Lucifer led me to Chloe's car and opened the back door for me and I jumped in.

***