Chapter 3

I can't sleep so I decided to continue this but it would not be that long. :) I decided to have Ethan's point of view for once so that you'd know how he feels too.

CHAPTER THREE

Ethan's POV

LUNCH! At last. I can't wait to see Dylan alone at the canteen or with the nerds.

I stood up excitedly and ran through my locker. I put all my books there, even my bag so that I have nothing to carry with me except for my wallet. I'm a guy for goodness sake. I don't bring my bag around me all day like girls usually do. I brushed my hair with my fingers and smiled on the small mirror in my locker door, a big smile.

I thought of Mads today. She was pretty, I mean she was always pretty but today was different. She was simple but at the same time pretty. When she went down stairs earlier this morning and as my eyes looked at her amazing ocean blue eyes I almost felt my heart dropped from my chest.

"Hey Maddie," I called Madison as she was heading her locker few feet away from mine. I closed my locker immediately and leaned my back against the locker beside Sarah's. It was opposite of Madison's locker.

"What's with the devilish smile, Ethan?" Sarah said. I'm still smiling at the way Madison 'do this and do that' early in the morning even though she had a lot of time to prepare herself.

"Oh nothing," I answered as I lessen the smile on my face.

"What's up Ethan?" Madison said as she opened her locker and put some of her things on it.

"Nothing," I answered again.

"You called me but you have nothing to say? You're sick, as always," she said jokingly as she looked at me and smiled, "And by the way Dylan wants to be with us later at the cafeteria. He's treat."

"What? No way Maddie, no way," I told her as the lips that formed a smile before became straight and stiff. Seriously, that dude is killing my guts off.

Sarah closed her locker after she put some of her books inside it and dragged me few feet away from where we were.

"You're acting so weird today. What wrong? And you keep making faces whenever Dylan's around," Sarah told me on a lower volume on her voice almost like a whisper.

"You know how I don't like guys making Madison smile? It's I and only I who should make her smile like that. You saw it, when Dylan called her name after Math class this morning. That should be me and not him," I whispered to Sarah. She knows how I loved Madison. My mom told her two years ago when she and Madison slept at our house. She was so happy knowing how I love Madison and told Sarah and my little sister Abigail straight after I told her. Good thing Madison was already sleeping that night.

"Oh," Sarah understood my point, "Soo your jealous?" Well I thought she does.

"What? Naaaah. Never. It's just that.... just that..." I don't know what to say. Maybe I am jealous.

 "Relax; we're just having lunch with him this afternoon. Nothing could go wrong," Sarah said confidently.

"But...-" as soon as I started speaking she cut me off.

"No buts. Remember, we have to let him feel welcome here, he's new. And even if you don't like him, you have no choice. Madison was the one who asked him to eat with us. You'll have to deal with it for a while. Don't talk to him, if that's what you wish to do or just don't mind him at all," Sarah said. I was shock in what she just said. She just spoke to me like she was my elder sister giving some advice. Silence has started to grow between us but I cut it off immediately.

"You're right," I agreed on the fact that we have to welcome Dylan here and that I have no choice but to deal with Madison's decision on having Dylan eat with us during lunch, "But how can I not mind him when all I can see is Dylan flirting all over Mads?" I added with a serious look on my face mixed with a little bit of anger.

"Actually Ethan, there is a big difference between making friends and flirting," Sarah corrected my choice of words, "Don't exaggerate Ethan."

She's right again. I didn't answer back as I hear Madison close her locker and walk towards Sarah and I. Something made my serious look with a bit of an anger change into a face full of anger. She was walking with someone behind her and she was smiling at laughing while her head was a little facing the guy at her back. It was Dylan. Again.

---------

I'm not great on writing his point of view. I don't really know what to write so I have to make it this short. Sorry. :)