《 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 1 》✔︎

Start from the beginning

He stepped closer, his bow now resting on his back as he eyed the girl in front of him. " You're alone, aren't you?" He said. She wanted to scoff at him but she gave the tinest nod in return.

Sirens wailed in the distance. The same feeling of unease twisted a knife in her gut." You going to turn me in?" She snarled. She braved a glance at his face, her hand itching to get a hold of the familiar weapon hidden beneath her sleeve. She gently eased the packet of fruit that caused her predicament onto the floor. Her brown eyes never leaving his blue ones.

The Green Arrow observed the girl, her posture had remained rigid, her jaw was clenching and unclenching and he could feel the anger radiating off of her.

Harper placed the packet down, her hands returning to her stance in slow movements. He watched her coolly, he wasn't giving away any sort of indication that he knew of her or her capabilities. She grounded her teeth, her patience teetering on the edge. One moment was all she needed.

" No" he said curtly after a pregnant pause . Harper was definitely not expecting that. She hid her surprise well though. Why wouldn't he just hand her over to the authorities, never to be seen again. Someone as important as him wouldn't give a nobody like her the time of day. 

" They're coming, you know?" He said. Harper's heart stuttered as the sounds grew harsher. The orphanage,where she made her escape seemed to be calling her, mocking her into submission. Not again, she would cry. Never again.

" You see there's three options here kid" he chided." One, I keep you long enough for those cops to find you.
Two you come with me, hear what I have to say or three, you send that dagger through my heart like how you planned to in the beginning."

Her eyes blew wide, he knew. Harper wanted to laugh. Of course he knew.

" You're running out of time."

Harper shuddered as her fate laid sprawled out in front of her. She was grasping at straws, she knew it. Her life was hanging on his words. It was the orphange or him, the reason she was in the orphange in the first place.

Oliver watched as her face contorted as her struggle became visible. He felt grief entangle him in a vine once more as his thoughts wandered to his fallen sidekick Roy. The young protege that had died not too long ago. He saw potential in Roy, a potential he now saw in the young girl in front of him. He just hoped the outcome wouldn't be the same.

" What makes you think I will go with you?" she hissed. Oliver merely raised a brow, not that it could be seen behind his mask. " Option 2 sounds more cosy to be honest. But then again if you want to get caught by the cops, by all means go ahead. Just don't do option three, this is my favourite suit. Hate for it to get ruined, no."

Harper let out a stifled groan. She refused another thought about the wretched place she was forced into. She hated the thought of another foster care and she hated the thought of going with the man that had altered her entire life. Justice League or no Justice League, it was going to take a lot for her to trust him, let alone live under same roof as the Green Arrow.

Harper sent him a glare, the sirens  deafening. She threw her hand-made dagger at a speed he was slightly impressed by. The blade lodged itself  into the stone beneath his feet. The metal glinting under the moonlight.

" I hate you"

Oliver grinned. " Welcome to the family"

This is my rewritten chapter as I've decided to rewrite the book

This is my rewritten chapter as I've decided to rewrite the book. Most of it will remain the same but as you can tell this is very different.

I hope you enjoy the book, keep safe and let me know what you think.♡