chapter 24

Go click the star up there. Go check out Misty Manushree's new story. It's incredible and captivating.

______________________________________________________________________________

I and Conrad walked hand in hand towards a fancy restaurant that we'd come to love. It was amazing with pretty lights and decorations. It didn't appear flattering in the day light but we knew the food was amazing.

Conrad had a break at his hospital and as for me, you'd think I don't work.

There was a cute high school couple sitting on a table beside us. They looked cute together,deeply in love.

I held Conrad's hand tighter remembering the time when we were in highschool and that summer then the switches between Con and Jere. Man my life was a highschool drama movie.

"What'd you wanna get?",Conrad asked.

"Pizza duh",I said matter-of-factly.

"Twenty plus years and you still amaze me",he said shaking his head and smiling.

The pizza arrived and I was quick to grab the ketchup bottle and spray it on my pizza.

"Ah pizza murder",Conrad said scrunching his nose

"Shut up. Pizza with ketchup tastes amazing."

"No please just give mine a shot. It's a lot better than ketchup."

"But it's Hawaiian",I whined.

"Just open up",he said feeding me the pizza with his own hands. The pizza burst open in my mouth and a little bit of cheese dripped from my lips. Conrad laughed and leaned in to kiss the cheese away.

"Conrad Fisher you're so on trouble for stealing my cheese",I huffed.

"Excuse me",the girl on the table beside us asked.

"Yeah?",I smiled at her.

"Your name's Conrad?",she asked looking at Con.

He nodded his head. "His name is Conrad too",she squealed excitedly pointing towards his boyfriend."Such a small world!"

We laughed in response. "Shut up Kat. They're gonna think you're crazy or something",her boyfriend spoke up smiling.

"Actually no. Because Belly's and her personality match. They can freely speak to strangers as if they've know them their whole life",Conrad shook his head in laughter.

"Oh puh-leez",I said.

"Right?",the other Conrad asked amused. "And then there's us sitting beside them thinking what to do because they just started a freakin conversation with a stranger about which brand is better than which."

"So true",Conrad shook in laughter.

"That's not true",I and the girl said together. We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

***

Cupcakes? Check. Cookies? Double check. It was almost time for Anna and Aiden to come home from Sherely's and I and Conrad arranged a little family time for them. Freshly baked goodies and some family games.

Why? Because I wanted some of those goodies and Conrad wouldn't let me have them anytime anywhere because of the doctor he is.

"I feel like Christmas wonderland",I said sniffing the air of freshly baked and bought goodies and twirled around imaging myself in a candy land with chocolate rivers.

I tumbled but Conrad was quick to catch me. "You my love need to stop being so chocolate sick",he chuckled placing a kiss on my temple.

"But Con look around you. How can you not think of Christmas right now?"I asked.