chapter 16

The next morning we were woken by my mom's shakes and mumbles of our irresponsible behavior.

My mom had arrived at seven in the morning shaking us up. The party last night did give me a small hangover. The four of us grumpily got up resulting my mom to scowl at us.

"Will you atleast start being adults someday?",she scolded us at the break of dawn. Well not exactly but it seemed to be the break of down.

She had just told us how irresponsible we had been and that there were many more people than we thought were coming.

The expression on her face was unrecognizable when she had scanned all the cabinets of the house to find food. Oops! We forgot the main reason we came early here for.

"Why is there no food anywhere?",she had scowled at us.

"We may have forgotten to get the house in order",I had mumbled.

"Oh god!You guys are not kids anymore. You were sent here for a responsibility and you've failed to carry it. What were you even thinking?"

"Mom it's not fair that you expect us to get the house set up when we are in Cousins TOGETHER after such a long time!",Steven argued with her and pressed on the word together.

"I expected you to have fun but I also expected you to stick to your responsibilities!",she howled back.

"Okay okay, why don't you go relax Laur while I and Belly run to the supermarket and we'll also grab some breakfast and Jere will clean up the messes while Steven can go buy some supplies for our guests?Just relax Laur we'll get everything in control and don't blame us because you didn't even tell us so many people were expected. We just knew it was us and Sherely's parents",Con interrupted my mom's calls of anger.

I stared at him and so did Jere and Steve. How did he come up with something so quick and manage to silence my mom even if it was for five seconds.

"I am not going to relax but I need you to do all the stuff that Con said",my mom ordered us. Atleast it was in a lower tone than before.

"We will",all of us chirped in. This felt so ridiculous. We are adults and are being ordered by my mom!

"Belly's dad is already on his way to pick up Sherely and her parents",Mom said,"I need you to be quick."

"Okay but where will everybody be staying?",Jere asked . Sherely's family was staying here but we didn't know about everyone else.

"At Seasiders." Seasiders was a four star hotel very close to the beach. I wonder how much it costs though.

"And why are you telling this right now exactly?",I asked.

"Because I expected you to know that it won't be only us,besides didn't Sherely tell you guys?"We all looked at Jere.

He was looking at his feet and said,"Um I might have heard her mention three of her cousins would be coming along with her family."

Classic Jere,forgetting things even at his own engagement.

When I and Con entered the house after our shopping the house was full of commotion. People were arriving,hurrying along the corridors and lifting suitcases from place to place. I had no idea there were so many people coming. There wasn't enough room in the house to accommodate everyone. The list of people in my head was much shorter than the actual people arriving. It looked exactly like the home alone scene.

We passed all of them and made our way to the kitchen. Luckily it was empty so we quickly filled in the cabinets.

Sherely's cousin came in as soon as we were finished. "Mm hey, we're just looking for some water",she said. She was blonde and tall with a small heart tattoo on her left arm.