chapter 23

A/N : Don't forget to vote and comment...enjoy💙

______________________________________________________________________________

Conrad

"Happy birthday daddy!" It was seven at a Sunday morning in New York with two extremely energetic kids who had no decency to let their parents sleep after a tiring weekend. I have no clue how those two turned out to be super morning persons because I had given up rising early for a workout when my workload grew up and Belly....well you know.

The door swung open and two five year old walked in. They jumped on my bare torso and grabbed me in a group hug. "Thankyou so much my babies", I said placing a kiss on each of their foreheads.

I covered Belly's naked body with a blanket using my free hand. "Sh", I shushed my kids. "Let mom sleep. I'll make you guys breakfast. Go make your bed, I'll be there in a minute."

They walked outside the room slamming the door behind them. I was surprised how Belly didn't jump awake. "You spoil them",she said her eyes closed.

"Didn't know letting them wake up early was a bad thing", I joked.

"Happy birthday baby",she said her eyes closed and a sheepish grin playing on her mouth.

"Now who's calling me baby?", I said playfully.

She giggled and fluttered her eyes open. I glanced at her now uncovered naked body and kissed her on the lips. "You look beautiful", I said and meant every word of it.

"It's your birthday not mine",she joked pulling on her bra and tshirt from the floor. We dressed up in the next five minutes and walked towards the kitchen, hand in hand.

The kids were already seated on the kitchen stools with a fork and knife in their hands. Plate missing. "Who told you we're having pancakes?",Belly laughed kissing each one on their cheeks.

"It's daddy"s birthday. We always have pancakes on special days",Aiden said. Their speech was becoming clearer day by day and I and Belly couldn't have been more greatfull.

"Too bad we're having bacon and avocado toast today", Belly stuck her tongue out at her kids and did a little victory dance. Sometimes I felt my kids were more mature than my beautiful wife.

Aiden and Anna looked at each other and pouted telepathically. Twin telepathy does work. Their cuteness melts my heart everytime but not Belly's. It takes more effort. I think that comes from being incredibly cute yourself.

"I'm fine with pancakes"I said looking at Belly for permission. Even though bacon and avocado toast was my favorite I didn't want my kids to be sad.

"No no no",Belly said waving her hand. "It's your birthday and you get to have what you want. I'll make you guys pancakes if you want",she said pointing at the kids.

After an amazing breakfast of bacon and toast we sent the kids for a bath. "Now that you already know about the party, you can help me put up the decorations",Belly said with a cheeky smile.

She dragged a pinata from the garage, her cheeks red with effort. I helped her by lifting it which immediately made me regret my decision. I lost my balance and the pinata fell on the ground. "Shit",I swore loudly. Luckily it didn't break.

"No shit. It's on my leg",Belly groaned. I pushed the pinata off her leg and laid her on the ground. Her left leg was red at the toes with a big bulge swelling up.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to...",I trailed off panicking.

"What did daddy just say?",Aiden asked peeping through his room's door.