𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨.

Start from the beginning

She tries to busy herself, but it's a big change to go from having 2 dates to having zero. She sits on the bleachers and swirls her drink around in her cup aimlessly.

"Waiting for someone?" Felix asks and (Y/N) looks up.

"Pilar went to talk to Benji and then stormed off. So I guess I'm waiting for you"

"There's still a bit left to this song. Maybe we could still dance?"

"But this is a slow song"

Felix hold his hand out to her, "I know"

(Y/N) hesitantly takes his hand, and he pulls her close. She wraps her arms around his neck and his hands find her waist. For the second time that day.

"This is weird. You were just dating my sister, and now you're slow dancing with me. Why?"

"Maybe I have a thing for Meriwether girls"

"That's kinda creepy. You planning on banging my mom, next?"

They both laugh. "Pfft- no"

"Good. Then you'll be going through girls way too fast"

The song slowly comes to an end and (Y/N) is underwhelmed. The movies lied. The dance didn't reveal any secret feelings they had for one another. It was boring. Normal. The small finale.

(Y/N) pulls away. "I have to look for Pilar-"

"But you'll miss the announcement!" Felix tries to say, but (Y/N) is already out of earshot.

She runs through the hallways into the bathrooms and finds Pilar sitting on the floor.

She sits down next to her and immediately starts talking. "I danced with Felix and it felt like nothing. Nothing! What does that mean? Do I not like him anymore? Yesterday I was so sure! Can feelings just end that abruptly? I..."

(Y/N) stops talking when she hears a sniff from Pilar. "This isn't funny. You've been acting weird all day, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Pilar looks up at her friend and wipes her nose. "You're what's wrong with me (Y/N)! I've been stressed out about the whole Victor cheating on Mia thing, and then you have to go and invite Felix on our night. Ours! You spent all your time with him and you just forgot about me!"

"Forgot about you?! You're the one who left me with him all night! Why didn't you say anything?"

Pilar groans and stands up. "Because!"

(Y/N) repeats her action and faces her closely. "Because what?! I don't understand why you're upset with me!"

"I'm not upset with you (Y/N), I love you!" Pilar gasps at her own words and tries to leave.

(Y/N) grabs her hand and turns her back around. "What?"

Pilar sighs and stomps her foot. "(Y/N), I'm going crazy. I get butterflies in my stomach every time you text me and that never happens. Especially not when I text a girl"