𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮.

»»————-  ————-««𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌
»»————-  ————-««

"HOW MUCH LONGER?" (Y/N) whines as she leans over the counter. "I feel like I've been here for days"

Pilar and Rahim don't hear (probably by choice). A trending song plays through the small speaker in Pilar's phone and (Y/N) turns to them, "Guys, pay attention to me"

Rahim turns off the video and rolls his eyes. "Wow, I didn't realize you were that needy. The attention from middle-aged men isn't enough?"

"You're just jealous," (Y/N) turns to Pilar. "Do you see how he treats me?"

"Yes, and I don't care," Pilar replies and (Y/N) scoffs. Their banter continues for the next few minutes of their shift before an alarm on (Y/N)'s goes off.

"Finally!" (Y/N) waves and speeds to the back to change out of her uniform. "See ya!"

"Did she just-" Rahim gets cut off as Pilar nods. The two of them lock up the register and finish up what they need to do before leaving. (Y/N) is waiting outside for them.

"Thanks for waiting up," Rahim quips.

(Y/N) jokingly curtsies, "Anything for you"

Rahim brushes her off and starts his walk home while (Y/N) and Pilar head in the opposite direction. Pilar takes her girlfriend's hand in hers and leads them off their normal path.

"Where are we going?" She asks Pilar but (Y/N) doesn't reply.

The two are silent as Pilar leads downtown through the bustling streets full of high school students with nothing to do. All while (Y/N) follows in blissful ignorance. Quite an accurate representation of their relationship, to be fair.

By the time they stop, Pilar has led them to a small clearing. A lonely bench overlooking the city, far behind and away from where they worked. (Y/N) looks around and can't help but wonder, "How did Pilar find this place?"

Did she go searching the city for the perfect place like a true romantic? Or did she merely Google Creekwood's most romantic landscapes, like a 21st-century romantic? Either way, (Y/N) couldn't be happier. She giggles and runs over to the edge, continuing to hold Pilar's hand. The two look out... well, Pilar looks out.

(Y/N) turns to her, "So, why did you bring me here today of all days?"

Pilar snaps out of her daze and looks back at her companion. "Am I not allowed to spend time with my girlfriend?"

"Of course you are," (Y/N) says, rolling her eyes. "I understand. I'm just so amazing you couldn't bear being apart from me for more than a minute"

"Totally not because I steal date ideas from Benji to impress you"

(Y/N) feigns offense and Pilar stifles a laugh. While Pilar is distracted, (Y/N) spins her around and snatches her phone. She types in the password and immediately starts texting bizarre messages to everyone she knows and pretending she hacked Pilar's Instagram.

Unsurprisingly, Pilar follows almost everyone at school and (Y/N) stumbles across photos of other couples displayed proudly. Enter the familiar pang of jealousy. Look at how adorable Lucy and Andrew are! While (Y/N) is on the phone, Pilar takes her chance at revenge.

Pilar wraps her arms around (Y/N)'s shoulders and the victim yelps. "P, what if I accidentally liked one of your ex's pictures!? Your whole life is in my hands, you know"

Pilar rolls her eyes and grabs her phone back. "What were you even doing?"

"It's a secret."

Pilar raises an eyebrow and (Y/N) takes that as her cue to spill whatever she was thinking about. She pauses for a moment before asking, "Are we still gonna be dating when we go back to school? We had to hide last year after the spring fling and I'm so over it. Especially after this summer."

"What's different after this summer?"

(Y/N) grabs Pilar's hands and closes the gap between them. "You know. The lack of hiding and the feeling of freedom"

Pilar bites her lip anxiously, but (Y/N) keeps talking. "I know you're dealing with your parents' separation right now but... Victor's doing it too, and he's fine"

(Y/N) stares at her girlfriend with hopeful eyes but, Pilar's expression doesn't change. At least, not into the one (Y/N) was looking for. Pilar thinks for a moment before replying, "What about you, Miss Meriwether? Are you planning on telling YOUR mother or even Lake?"

(Y/N)'s jaw drops. "Okay, well, that is totally different. My coming out could ruin my mother's career"

"Ruin her career? It's 2020. Trust me, she'll be fine"

(Y/N) opens her mouth to say something else, but she can't find the words and Pilar mocks her. The two break out into a fit of laughter before (Y/N) starts, "So, I guess this is gonna have to stay a secret"

Pilar nods. "I guess so. But on the bright side, at least it'll be kind of easy. God knows straight girls have mimicked lesbian relationships so much that no one will even bat an eye at us"

"Thank god for straight girls. What would we ever do without them?" (Y/N) holds a hand to her heart and they laugh like it's the funniest thing they've ever heard.

In fact, the two continue laughing their entire way back to their neighborhood and until (Y/N) drops Pilar off at home. The two hug as to not look suspicious and Pilar waves, "Bye (Y/N), see you tomorrow!"

(Y/N) waves back and sets off towards her own house. Holy shit... tomorrow is the first day of junior year.