[13+/Contest Entry] Makeup

Ruby and April decided it would be a good idea to bring some of their makeup and use it on the turtles. They went aroumd asking the brothers if they wanted to try on some makeup.

Leo made up a lame excuse, and ended up meditating instead. Raph flat-out refused to wear makeup, and the girls decided that it would be better to just leave him be. Mikey would have, but Raph threatened to make fun of him forever if he did; so in the end, Mikey declined.

That left Donnie. April seemed confident from the start that if none of the other turtles wanted to participate, he would. They asked Donnie, and he was slightly hesitant before agreeing to the activity.

"Hey, do you have a mascara, Ruby?" April asked as she sifted through her makeup.

"Um, I think so. Donnie doesn't have eyelashes, though." Ruby replied, looking at April questioningly.

"Not for him, for me." The ginger made a sort of 'Duh' face.

"Oh, we're doing our own makeup too?"

April nodded her head, while Ruby shook hers, sifting through her own makeup case before presenting a purple mascara container (the actual mascara was black though). "Here." She passed it to April.

"Got any pickle-green foundation?" April asked Ruby teasingly.

"I hate you." Ruby chuckled with an eye roll, while Donnie watched the exchange curiously.

"I hate you more~" April said in a sing-song voice before passing a pink lipstick to Ruby. "A nice shade of pink would be a good change from your typical lilac shade."

Ruby took the lipstick and put her free hand against her chest to feign hurt. "How dare you, I'm so hurt." She pouted and looked away. "In that case, take this, Ms. Pinkie." She passed her own lipstick to April, and the latter grinned.

"Gladly. I've always wanted to go goth." April started applying dark eyeshadow.

"Woah, woah! Hold on, you can't just apply black and grey eyeshadow all willy-nilly and call it goth. You have to use it sparingly, otherwise you'l look like you have a shiner." Ruby warned in a matter-of-factly manner.

"Okay, fine. How do I apply it, then?" April asked with a quirked brow.

Ruby hummed and looked at April before glancing at Donnie. He had this sort of dumb-founded look on his face. "Um... hi?" He chuckled nervously.

"C'mere." Ruby said and scooted her chair closer to Donnie. "Close your eyes." He leaned in a bit and complied with her request.

"Pass the purple lipstick." Ruby commanded April, and she obeyed gleefully.

"Wouldn't that be too much purple?" April asked curiously. "You know, purple mask... purple lipstick. Isn't that a bit too much?"

The brunette shook her head, "Different shades of purple, his mask is more of a vibrant purple rather than a muted pastel color." She stated as she applied the lipstick to Donnie's flat lips. His face twitched a bit as some less-than-pleasant thoughts probably circled his mind. Ruby found the thought amusing, something like, Oh, what have I gotten myself into? Bouncing around in his head like an idle DVD player symbol.

Then again, it could also be an involuntary reaction.

"There we go." Ruby muttered as she leaned away from Donnie. She would make the mental note to clean all of her makeup or throw it out later. Not that she thought Donatello had 'cooties' or anything, just the fact that he's a turtle that lives in the sewers and Ruby honestly wasn't sure if they took showers. She assumed they did since moved of them didn't typically smell like B.O. or sewer water, but she just wanted to be safe.

"Not bad, not bad." April tapped her chin. "Need that dark eyeshadow?"

"Yep. While you're at it, can you get me the eyeliner?"

"Mine or yours?"

"Whichever you find first." Ruby added some more detail to his lipstick, making the bottom lip more round, and the top lip has those two semi-pointy spots on humans, so she added those.

April handed her the eyeliner from her own bag, and the dark eyeshadow pallette from Ruby's case.

"Thaaank you." Ruby said before leaning toward Donnie again, the eyeshadow pallette open and ready for use. "Sorry, I'm about to get even more in your zone." She apologized and stood up so that she could see Donnie's eyes better.

"Uh, sure, whatever." Donatello said quietly. The statement didn't make much sense to him, given that they were "in his zone" for about twenty minutes now. Then again, their faces weren't three inches from his, so he supposed that counted as "even more in his zone".

"Phone light." Ruby said abruptly and April pulled out her t-phone and turned on the flashlight, smiling apologetically at Donnie before flashing it on his eyes, but trying not to have it in his eyes.

The brunette thanked her friend before getting to work on his eye shadow. She applied a light gray eyeshadow on the entirety of his upper eyelid, up to the top of the mask. She sucked in some air through her teeth before grinning at him. "The mask is gonna have to come off, is that okay?"

"If I say no, is there any chance you'll leave it on?" Donatello asked sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"I mean, it's slim, but sure." The redhead answered with a coy smile.

The turtle sighed heavily and reached behind his head to undo the knot. He carefully took the mask off and sat it in his lap. "Proceed." He said reluctantly as he closed his eyes.

Both girls broke out into huge, silly grins. "Yay!" April squealed.

Ruby smirked slightly and continued applying more gray eyeshadow, getting darker with each layer. At the bottom of his upper eyelid, she applied a dark, muted purple. She took the eyeliner from her lap and applied it thin at the inner corner, fatter at the middle of the eyelid, and thinner again at the outer corner.

April watched in awe as Ruby added a little wing to the eyeliner. She lined a little bit of the bottom eyelid. "That's so cool!" The ginger gushed, watching happily.

"Are you done?" Donnie asked as his brow ridge as he opened his bare eye.

"Surely you jest!" Ruby smirked shamelessly at him, "That was only one eye, and not to mention we have to apply blush and concealer, color corrector, then again maybe we can't do those last two."

"My color corrector is green." April spoke up.

The brunette chewed on the inside of her mouth, "Wrong shade, I'm sure."

April slouched a bit, "Yeah." She muttered with a pout.

"In any case, maybe you can do the other eye in your own style." Ruby suggested as she pointed the eyeliner at April.

"Oooh! I love that idea!" She squealed before snatching the eyeliner and beginning to apply it to his bare left eye.

Ruby watched questioningly as she applied the eyeliner first.

The next several hours were spent making each other pretty, Ruby helped April look "properly goth", and April helped Ruby look... not goth. They both looked pretty good, but in the end they decided that their own personal style was best.

As for Donnie? Let's just say he looked better without makeup. Not that he looked terrible or anything, but even the makeup well-done by Ruby didn't look right on green skin.

Ruby and April agreed to search for makeup that would compliment his skin and eyes.