He wiggled his eyebrows, but Chaejung shot him a glare, meaning that's not what she was trying to say.

"Oh," Sungyoon finally spoke, sounding calm. "Our singing lessons ended, so maybe that's why we talked less. Plus, isn't it a good thing that they're spending more time together? I'm not sure about their relationship, though."

The three of them looked over to the two people they were talking about. Jaein was carefully doing the makeup for Joochan. Both of them would smile from time to time when they made eye contact.

Chaejung wasn't fully convinced, and asked again. "Are you sure that nothing happened between the two of you?"

Sungyoon shrugged in response, looking innocent and a bit confused at the same time.

Though Chaejung was still doubting his response, Jangjun already dragged her away before she could ask anything else. Afterwards, Sungyoon just continued with playing games on his phone.

He claimed that nothing happened, but it's actually not the case.

*flashback*

"I like you," Jaein said. She then stayed quiet and lowered her head, but she was still observing Sungyoon's reaction.

At first he was a bit shocked. But that bit of shock slowly... did not turn into happiness, nor fear, nor disgust. He just looked rather uncomfortable.

That's when Jaein knew she made a bad decision, and finally had to hear the words that she didn't want to hear.

"Sorry," he broke the silence after a moment.

It took a while for it to hit her and make her react. She forced a smile in response, "ah, don't be sorry. I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have confessed and made things awkward."

Before Sungyoon could reply, she spoke again.

"I guess... we should pretend that nothing happened. Just act as usual except... you don't have to talk to me, haha," she chuckled nervously as she got up from her chair, "hope that you won't tell anyone else about this too, I would really appreciate it."

Jaein grabbed her bag and walked to the door. "Thanks a lot, Sungyoon, for everything. See you at practice," she said, and left the studio.

For the next 10 minutes, Sungyoon sat alone in silence, thinking to himself.

He's mad at himself, mad at the fact that he ended up hurting someone he's trying to protect.

He thought of how some of his actions may have given her false hope, when there's no way he's going to accept her confessiom. Actually, Sungyoon didn't think of how she might end up liking him, and he blamed himself for that.

*end of flashback*

Until now, Sungyoon still didn't know how Jaein coped with this event, but he's relieved that she can smile and laugh like usual.

While for him, he kept her words and acted like usual and pretended that nothing happened. Conversations still happen between them, but it was way less than before. He no longer felt guilty, because he knew that being guilty about things doesn't change the way it is, he couldn't let things like this bother him for such a long time.