37

The next day, in the practice room

"Finally! We're all here for group practice!!!" Daeyeol exclaimed and the rest of them cheered.

"All of you are so hardworking, that you guys came here often to practice on your own. So give yourselves a round of applause!" Mijin smiled, and they all clapped.

"Are we going to know who's the centre for the dance break today?" Minah asked.

"Yes!" Daeyeol answered cheerfully, "Donghyun, can you announce the results?"

"Me?!" Donghyun jumped. "All of a sudden?!"

"Drum rolls please!" Arim said excitedly, and everyone started making the drum roll sound effect.

"Sungyoon hyung, congratulations," Donghyun said, and they all clapped for Sungyoon, who just smiled shyly.

"Now we'll start practicing from the first song and start arranging our positions. We should get over this quickly so everyone try your best to remember where you stand," Daeyeol said.

—————————

The first positions were done in pairs so they needed to spend some time to work together and see if their dance matches.

"Pffft look, it looks like I'm sitting alone," Jangjun said once Minah was seated behind him.

"Can you shut up?" Minah complained, knowing that the boy was making fun of her height.

"Shhh~ calm down... inner peace..." Seungmin said half jokingly and got hit by Minah's shoe, making Arim fall over laughing.

She crawled up from the floor back to a sitting position, ignoring Seungmin, her partner who's now lying on fhe floor in pain.

"This is fun!" Arim exclaimed, "we don't really get many chances to partner up with other people like this other than with our partners."

"Yeah," Bomin responded from the other side of the practice room, "that's why this person behind me is so awkward right now."

"Hey!" Jaein exclaimed, embarrassed.

That's when the people who were listening noticed. While two people should be sitting together with their backs touching each other's, there was a whole gap between Bomin and Jaein.

"What the fuck?!" Chaejung burst out laughing. "You guys are classmates! Jaein he sits behind you during class!"

"Well sorry I don't actually talk to him! This guy here only talks to Arim!" The girl defended herself.

"OOF." Arim and Bomin said at the same time.

"Ohh? Bomin is being exposed right now." Jibeom teased.

"Shut up and try to figure out how do we stand up so I don't fall down during my part!" Ryu complained.

Jaehyun was satisfied at Jibeom being scolded, "yeah Jibeom, focus."

Afterwards everyone started to practice in a serious mode. It continued until everyone was familiar with all the positions in every song.

"Let's rest for a bit before we start checking the dance moves," Jaeseok suggested. Everyone agreed to his idea.

"We were pretty productive for such a large group of people to get the positions for 3 songs done," Donghyun said.

"Woah, we didn't even dance with our full strength yet I'm already sweating," Arim said as she fanned herself.

Mijin nodded, "it's going to be very tiring later because we'll keep dancing over and over again."

"Ahhh!!" Arim exclaimed as Bomin came back with two bottles of cold water and playfully put both on the sides of her face.